1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198012085541 - (Blazey / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Blaze ~Trading ~, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Blaze ~Trading ~

Blaze ~Trading ~ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25909906
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198012085541 (Blazey)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I had other accounts that I used to smurf in both counter strike and apex legends. I don't know how many other accounts I had and haven't been on any of them in years. While attempting logins this is the only one I could figure out

| steamname: Unknown
    | steam3ID: [U:1:384243326]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:192121663
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198344509054
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198344509054

Appeal description:
    My initial report(s) that I had been banned for took place back in 2014, I was only 13 or 14 at the time, now that is no excuse for my actions at the time but I figure it's something worth considering. To start: I had just been nearly scammed through someone in a community server for many of my own items and had no idea that something like steamrep existed, so I never reported them and went on to scam a couple people myself before becoming aware of steamrep and stopping attempting to scam altogether. I traded the scammed items around legitimately until I was scammed by one of my irl friends for what I had traded everything into. View attachment 815468

I moved on to counter-strike from TF2 and traded up from about 80$ at the time to around $1000 (took about 2yrs~). I lost around $150 dollars very early in to my trading up journey because I downloaded a program a scammer had linked me through steam. As I said previously, I was only 13 or 14 and was stupid enough to fall for the dumbest of scams. I bought a few items with cash and was never willing to act first after being scammed twice. View attachment 815469

Upon falling for the a scam the second time is where I realized the true impact of what I did to the others. At the time steam was still giving back stolen or scammed items and I was able to get back my counter strike inventory. Towards the end of my trade journey I noticed being unable to connect to trade servers due to my steamrep ban and eventually sold all my items to a different friend irl for cash.

Looking at my steamrep profile I have a second unresolved report where I wanted someone to go first, I'm not sure if I was attempting to scam that person at the time or if I was genuinely trying to buy their item. I had been legitimately trading for a while at this point and don't remember where that trade was going.

I've since started to play TF2 again and found myself in community servers and being labelled as a scammer, this is the entire reason for my appeal.

I understand what I did was wrong, I've grown and matured since. I have sent a friend request to the person who I scammed and had reported me here on steam rep. Please let me know if anything is missing or any additional info is needed, thanks.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You could not have traded "scammed items legitimately" that is just not a thing at all.
    You have failed to show you repaid (or attempted to repay), we are talking about two unusuals, not a few scrap.
    SR, by policy, does not grant appeals for RWC (real world currency) related offenses.