1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198030026090 - (Nikriontra / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Nikriontra, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Nikriontra

Nikriontra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34880181
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198030026090 (Nikriontra)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello,

I just discovered this website. For the record, I no longer partake in trades since I no longer play Team Fortress 2 and don't play other competitive Valve games such as Dota 2 and CS:GO. I just don't want others to be wary of me in case I do decide to return to the trading foray (Highly unlikely.) I just want this all sorted out.

I was banned because I was and I quote: "a member of a fake SR Middleman Group." I was invited to said group by a scammer I had met on Team Fortress 2, referring to user: "http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198050873798." The guy had scammed me of a hat or something (I genuinely forgot.) However he felt a bit bad for scamming me so he added me on Steam and gave me a bit of compensation (not enough to cover my losses.) I noticed he had a huge TF2 inventory and being the young naive fool at the time I asked him how he amassed such an impressive collection of TF2 items. He was reluctant to share his secrets but we got on friendly terms.

A bit later, he invited me into a "Middleman group" that he said could bring us lots of items and money. (For the record, I still don't know what a middleman group does.) I was very hesitant but he managed to convince me and said that I did not have to do anything. I thought "why not?" and joined. Naturally afterwards, I heard nothing from him. I don't know if the group actually successfully took part in any scams but I assure you that I had absolutely nothing to do with them. I don't know how to prove my innocence. I have not talked to the scammer in a REALLY LONG time. (I think the last time we talked was three years ago.)

The picture I have uploaded with this appeal is a screenshot of the fake Steam Middleman group in question. I left the group a long time ago and its only member is the scammer's alt account, referring to user: "http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198072569148." I believe there was only one or two other members but they left the group quite early on.

Link to group: "http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sr_Middlemen"

I am not the kind of person to scam people. I did attempt a couple of scams (none of them were successful) but after I stopped communicating to the scammer I stopped attempting. I stopped playing Team Fortress 2 sometime in 2012 due to unrelated frustations. I stopped using connected trade networks such as tf2trade, tf2outpost etc as well. Ever since then I have not engaged in trades and primarily use my Steam account to accumulate and play games, not cosmetic items for Valve games.

I hope this can all be sorted out nice and easy. I can't provide any solid evidence of my innocence, but I hope that the appealers can take my word for it.

Sincerely,
    Nikriontra.​

Attached Files:

2. Nikriontra

Nikriontra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34880181
    I just discovered that the Steam group was an attempt to imitate the actual "SR Middlemen" Group on Steam. I was not aware of this beforehand.
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @Nikriontra,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Lying or other fraud during the appeal
    - Change of heart is not a valid reason to overturn a serious ban within the trade community

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**