1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198034671136 - (sivyan / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by sivyan, Jun 27, 2022.

1. sivyan

sivyan Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37202704
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198034671136 (sivyan)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I don't have any alt accounts I currently use, I do however have 2 old alts that I don't have access to anymore due to losing the attached steamguard.
    I used them mainly for smurfing on CSGO but I did try to circumvent the steamrep ban on various trading sites so I could trade again with at least one of them if I remember correctly.
    I haven't logged into them for years though so im not entirely sure.

CSGO Smurf + possible SteamRep ban evasion
    | steamname: Birdman Sandusky
    | steam3ID: [U:1:184955996]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:92477998
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145221724
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dogewizardblazing
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198145221724

CSGO Smurf + possible SteamRep ban evasion
    | steamname: Andy Fickmann
    | steam3ID: [U:1:271590600]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:135795300
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198231856328
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/herecomedatboi420/
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198231856328

Appeal description:
    Hello,

I am guilty of the attached user report and I admit scamming the User "Iceno4ek", who now goes by NiceIce on Steam, of his two games "Saints Row 2" and "Trine" back in 2012.
    The reason why im making an appeal 10+ years later is due to not really having a reason to appeal before: I did scam him, I deserved the ban, so why would I appeal?

Back when I scammed Iceno4ek I was a selfish 15 year old kid who had no regard for other people or their feelings and how scamming them could affect them and their lives. I only thought of how I could get my hands on the next game without paying because I was broke.

I do not want to use my age back then as an excuse, because there is no excuse for that behaviour, but at the same time I've also grown up over the past 10 years and matured a lot more (I wouldn't call myself mature just yet, but at least more mature than back then, haha).

Today I would not scam someone ever again, and Im ashamed of having done so in the past. I work a stable fulltime job now, and through watching online creators like Kitboga and Jim Browning over the years, I've learned how scamming affects and hurts people, and even though it was "15 year old kid me", it was still me, and I have to make that right.

I know in the appeal guide it states that promises to never scam again and time served arguments are not relevant to SteamRep, however I do feel its important to mention, especially when it comes to the risk assesment point. Im also not active in any trading communities anymore, and the only trading I do these days is the occasional card between friends.

I've tried adding Iceno4ek about a week ago now, and my invitation is still pending, not declined, so Im guessing they haven't logged in yet, a comment on their profile from 2021 indicates that they're at least somewhat active still, and I am hoping to be able to talk to them, apologize and offer repayment in form of CSGO/TF2 Keys or whatever they choose.

I am submitting the appeal now as I have read that it could take months for the appeal to even get looked at, and im hoping to resolve the issue in that time, or perhaps could get help to get in contact with Iceno4ek when the appeal gets looked at, as I wouldn't have been able to do so for months at that point. I hope thats okay, I have every intention to repay what I took and make it up to Iceno4ek. I will follow up with any new developments, and Im happy to answer any question you might have.

Im also sorry for grammatical errors / bad formatting, english isn't my native language and I don't usually write longer english texts with proper "business" etiquette (if you know what I mean: being respectful, not using street slang, etc.)

One last side note: due to personal reasons, I can't make my friends list public, at least not over longer periods of time. I can explain to you in private if you wish to know, and I can make it public when you want me to/get in touch with me, I just can't have it public over the (possible) couple of months it takes for the appeal to be looked at. I do have everything else public and to my knowledge profile and inventory are the most important ones to have public. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    sivyan
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Just to be clear so that I do not misunderstand, did you pay the user back before you submitted this appeal, yes or no?
  3. sivyan

sivyan Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37202704
    I have not paid the user back yet, I've added them more than a week ago now and the invite is still pending, I do believe that they are still somewhat active and will log in eventually.

I know paying back is a requirement, in the Appeal Guide it states however that there are over 800 pending reports and it will take months for new ones to be looked at, thats why I submitted it "early" because im hoping to have it sorted in hopefully 1-2 weeks max. Hope thats okay, didn't expect a reply that quick.
  4. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    If you did not repay the user, this appeal cannot be considered at all. You have 2 weeks to show a repayment that follows our appeals policy.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    It's been roughly more than 2 weeks, I'll give you 24 hours to reply and show a repayment, if not, I'll have to process this appeal as-is.
  6. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    After a review, I will be unable to grant this appeal.
    You have had over 10 YEARS to repay the user what you scammed form them. Repayment is a REQUIREMENT for an appeal to even be considered. How you didn't think to possibly add the victim back and offer them some form of compensation in over 10 years is a fact that I simply cannot ignore here. You claim to have had a change of heart, but I see no such change big enough to repay the user what you stole from them. My hands are tied.

I'm glad that you realize how committing crimes and scamming effects the people you steal from. I encourage you to repay the user as soon as is possible, regardless of this outcome, since it's the right thing to do.
    This appeal is thus Rejected.

Regards.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**