1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198035968136 - (SourPatch / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ByB | Lemon™/L4D2, Aug 13, 2017.

1. ByB | Lemon™/L4D2

ByB | Lemon™/L4D2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37851204
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198035968136 (SourPatch)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:
    76561198380793393​

Appeal description:
    Everything needed to accept is provided in my previous appeal.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...136-byb-lemon-banned-by-sr.85768/#post-450991

"You Are The One" stated I must make another appeal to finally get an approval after several years.

I find it absurd he simply could not accept it but instead tells me to add him. I proceed to do that and only to see him offline for about 2 days. I'm not sure if where in different times zones or not. I go back onto the account only to see he unfriended me. I proceed to send him another request. Never got back on the account.

I don't mind if he takes over this appeal again but come one. At-least give me an email address if we are in different times zones. Don't expect me to wake at 3 A.M just so i can talk to someone on steam.

Usually i don't aggravated but I find it a bit absurd that he doesn't have time to tell me why I need to add, but has the time to mark my other alt in the process.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You were offline over 30 days that last stretch, please.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. ByB | Lemon™/L4D2

Steam:
    I understand that, thus me stating i never got back on after the disfriend.

Will their be a more convenient way to contact eathother at the same time other than steam messaging.
    I would be extremely grateful if this would be possible.

I will be adding you once more. Hopefully this doesn't go like previous encounters.

If this doesn't work with you, I am more than open to using public or private emails to discuss what you want to say to me through steam client chat.
    email: [email protected].
    Personal email: Ask
  4. ByB | Lemon™/L4D2

Steam:
    UPDATE:

It seems as if you blocked me or an error on my end or steams end.
    I can no longer add you in any form.

Forms Tried:
    1) Online through Chrome.
    2) Through steam search.

Let me know how you would like to contact eachother.

Picture of Proof Applied within post.

Attached Files:

5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I have declined your latest friend request as I have recused myself from your case. I never accepted your original request either since you were never online, not sure how I could have removed you o_O

eitherway gl!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. ByB | Lemon™/L4D2

Steam:
    My only questions from here would be:
    1) Who would take control of my appeal?
    2) Approximately how much time would take to get another SteamRepAdmin for review?
    3) Any particular reason why you made your decision to recuse yourself from the case?

I do thank you for your fast responses as well as the help you provided me though.

Thank You once again, and good luck to you aswell!
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm taking over the appeal, sorry for the delay in handling it.

I find your attitude about what you did, both in 2013 and today, distasteful. Per our appeal policy, repayment is a requirement for your appeal to be considered, not a guarantee that it will be granted. You are not entitled to a favorable outcome in your appeal just because you repaid. It's pretty clear to me from your attitude that you are not sorry for what you did, you just don't like the consequences.

Normally, that would be enough to reject your appeal, but after carefully reviewing your case as a whole, I have decided to lower your reputation to a CAUTION status, for the following reasons:
    • Time since offense and age of appeal(s) waiting for admin response, without evidence of other offenses.
    • Relatively low severity of offense, no other scams we're aware of, and victim repaid.
    • Assessment of overall risk to community.
    You have been granted a rare exception for these factors, solely on the basis that I think, based on the above factors, there is relatively low risk you will continue scamming in the future. If you end up proving me wrong in the future, you'll find you will be given much less benefit of doubt. Keep in mind that just being reported for further fraud while marked with CAUTION will leave you with much less benefit of the doubt, but your attitude and behavior in these appeals will be taken into even further consideration. I suggest you clean up your attitude, and moving forward be very careful and open/honest in your transactions, and keep good records of large transactions in case there are any disputes.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**