1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198046493178 - (Big Boss / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Big Boss 10, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Big Boss 10

Big Boss 10 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43113725
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198046493178 (Big Boss)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I don't have any other accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Never knew about this ban until today (7 years later), i was 14 years old, can't say i remember all the details because i don't, so let's skip all the BS.
    As i can see, this was when i was trying to sell one of my 2 Keys of Battlefield 4, i already had one when my father bought me another in a sale, it was a physical copy but i already had the digital copy so i decided to sell the extra key or trade for another game, i had been scammed already in steam trades so i was kinda afraid of online trading, so i had the ''brilliant idea'' to fake beeing someone with a bigger REP so i wouldn't be the first to send the key, i would send only when i get paid, and it worked, eventualy i've sold the key with this fake profile with no problems, the guy sent me another game for mine key.
    So this guy discovered it all and told the real owner of the REPs, the rest is history.
    I wasn't trying to scam him, just trying not to be scammed, it was stupid i know, i was a teenager so almost everything i've done was stupid, but yet i'm here trying to redeem myself 7 years later even i didin't knew the existence of this ban.
    In certain point of the conversation i knew he knew i got only 20+ so i didn't even tried do lie to him again, just said ''i got 100%+ and 0%-'', the Dude told me he wasn't going first, so i was ok, then he came forcing conversations, like ''you not prepared to go 1st?'' and a lot of other questions, and said he would do it with a third person so i was ''ok lets try it'', but he had not the intention to done the trade, he was just ''collecting evidences'' i asked him if it was a bot or and steamtrades admin, something like that, someone really trustable, and them he just started the questions, not answering my intentions to use this third person, i could tell him to pay me on paypal so i could spend the money on other things but i was clearly trying to get steam wallet so i could just buy the other game i wanted, so thats the story.
    I faked being other guy, i already had 100% positive reviews but yet could not risk sending first so i did this stupid thing, nobody got hurt or scammed, just a mistake.
    I will appreciate a lot if u guys clean my name, all i said here is the truth so you can see in the screenshots, this is my one and only account, i got 301 games, level 22, 8 years of service, never got banned in nothing but this, i'm no scammer and i admit i've made an mistake but i don't even have to promisse it will never happen again, because it was 7 years ago and never happened until now.
    The guy did not even had real proves that i was gonna scamm him, he was just smarter than me for being cautious, thats what i should have done, just be cautious.
    So thats the truth, u guys can ask me another questions but everything is here, just examine the ''proofs'' and u will know i'm telling the truth.

obs. Sorry for my english, i'm from Brazil so i speak portuguese.​
  2. Big Boss 10

Steam:
    I'm sorry for impersonating, as i said i was young and stupid, just want to keep my name clean.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You impersonated and lied. Why should this appeal ever be considered? Do you fully understand why no one would trust you now?
  4. Big Boss 10

Steam:
    Well as i said, this was 7 years ago i dont even trade anymore, just want to redeem myself.
    I've not scammed him just wanted to sell my game without been scammed because i was scammed once.
    And that isn't the objective of an appeal? i was 14 years old, a kid, i'm a adult now and want a second chance to clean my name, got level 23, 8 years of service, 330+ games, no vac ban, no secondary account.
    I'm telling you guys the truth, i'm doing my part, i'm asking forgiveness, it's not like i've asked this before.
    my first appeal here, for a thing that happened 7 years ago and i'm not even lying to you, i've impersonated for sure, but want to clean my name here with you guys.
    I've seen people that really scammed having their appeals aproved, and saw people lying on the appeals and being rejected, i've not scammed and i'm not lying, so why not give it a chance? 7 years has passed... nothing happened in this time.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Wanting a second chance is NOT the purpose of an appeal and making excuses because it happened "x" time ago or claiming you are an "adult now" or "didn't actually scam" or to "clean your name" does not accomplish the actual objective, to see if the user still poses a risk, this is done in part by seeing if the user understands their actions fully and why its not OK, something you have not shown in this appeal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**