1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198054043646 - ('Frazzle' and 'Dazzle' / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Frazer Tait, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Frazer Tait

Frazer Tait Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46888959
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198054043646 ('Frazzle' and 'Dazzle')

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I don't have an alternate account. I have twin brother who got banned because of me from this account. My brother's account is TaitBoy and he is innocent. You can tell because we can be seen online playing together.​

Appeal description:
    To whomever it may concern,

I am writing to you today to appeal my steam rep ban for scamming. It has been 8.8 years since I was banned for scamming and I remember it to this day. I was on a Christmas trading server and attempted to make quick change trade with someone for hats. I can't remember the person's name, so I haven't been able to reconcile with them, however I am constructing this appeal, because I seek forgiveness for the actions, I made almost 9 years ago.

At the time I was 15 years old and I should have known better. I was a young teenager with no understanding or concept of the consequences my wrongful actions would have had. Now I am 24 years of age and I have matured greatly. I am now a Firefighter, which has taught me respect, honesty, integrity and (most importantly) responsibility. These testaments help me in how I approach life and how I will approach this appeal today.

Why do I want this ban appealed?

1) The main reason for this appeal is because my twin brother has been affected. Me and my brother adore Team Fortress 2. We have clocked hundreds of hours playing together and we still play today. I believe this accident may have occurred because we live together and play off the same internet. That means he has been wrongfully banned for trading under my "alt account" for years. A huge part of the game has been restricted to him because of my actions 8.8 years ago! He should not be responsible for my actions, so I ask that you kindly remove the wrongfully imposed status that he has. It was my fault, not his and the evidence regarding this is below. In the photo 'Twins.jpg' I am on the right and my brother is on the left. We are identical twins and so look very similar. I have also attached a photo 'Me.jpg' which is of me holding a sign stating today's date to prove that I myself am part of the 'Twins.jpg' photo. My brother’s account is Steam ID: 76561198055297654.

2) The second reason I am appealing this ban is because I believe I have done my time and wish to seek forgiveness. 8.8 years without enjoying the trading aspects of Team Fortress 2 has been considerably difficult. I absolutely love the game and want to be able to play it fully again. My job as a Firefighter can be quite graphic and demanding, but gaming has helped me relieve some of life's stresses. Team Fortress 2 is my main game for this - it means a lot to me, so if accepted, I would be able to destress and enjoy the game without being branded a scammer anymore. Turning 25 this year means I have been banned for about a 1/3 of my life, which is considerable amount of time for me. I have truly had a change of heart and have grown up since when I was banned. I like to think that I have done my time and no longer wish to suffer.

In conclusion?

To conclude, my actions should not affect my brother's account. I admit my mistakes from 9 years ago, but he should not suffer for it. If anything is to come of this appeal, is that I wish only that my brother is unbanned.

Unlikely that it is, I also wish that the TF2 trading community can only forgive me and see that I have changed from when I used to be a teenager. I have become a lawful and hardworking individual and wish only that I can be reaccepted into the TF2 community fully. I am willing to repay back what is owned to the victim if they can be found.

If you require any other information or evidence regarding my appeal, please feel free to contact me.

"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future".

Kindest regards,

Frazer Tait,

(Owner of steam account: Frazzles_UK, Steam ID: 76561198054043646)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2021
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663