1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198056908364 - (One`G # Owned ◔◡◔ / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by One`G # Owned, Nov 30, 2023.

1. One`G # Owned

One`G # Owned Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48321318
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198056908364 (One`G # Owned ◔◡◔)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Hello,
    First of all, I want to say that what I put in the "Repayment" section is not technically correct. I found the victim and managed to add him on Steam, but it looks like he is not active at all there. You can see from my comment on his profile that I added him (with repay in mind) in May 2023, and he only accepted me 7 days ago so in late November. I have sent him messages and a trade offer to repay the exact stolen items but he hasn't seen them yet since at the time of writing this appeal, he has been offline for 2 days View attachment 813597
    View attachment 813596
    Hereabove are the conversation and the trade offer, currently pending.
    --
    I got back into TF2 (playing and trading) about two years ago, and I remembered about my SteamRep status "SR CAUTION".
    I was reported rightfully 10 years ago. What happened exactly ? I added the victim to buy a game from him (Evoland) for 2 TF2 keys, which was a common thing back then on sites like tf2outpost etc that are sadly not a thing anymore. It was supposed to be a item-for-item trade, but it turned out he couldn't actually send it via a trade for some reason, and he ended up sending it first as a steam gift.
    Being 13 or 14 at that time, the temptation was too strong and I ran away without giving him the 2 keys. You can see in his report, the whole conversation that happened back then, how I ran away and blocked: him: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198056908364-one-g-owned.37866/
    It looks like the report was never "finished" according to retired staff HelenAngel because he didn't show his inventory history, but I did scam him. (NB: the comments in Russian at the end of the report thread have nothing to do with me, to this day I still don't understand why they are there, I don't even play Dota2, less trade items from that game).
    I am now an adult and understand my mistakes from back then. Since it's been over 10 years and the repay process is ongoing, I would like to think I'm elligible for a sanction removal.

Thank you for your time,

One`G​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review, the offense you committed would usually result in a BANNED tag, since the CAUTION tag was issued as a placeholder before the report was formally accepted and tagged BANNED, I am not going to hold that or this appeal against you (although repayment was extremely late, you at least appeared to repay before submission) so I will not upgrade the tag to BANNED or allow it to be upgraded once reports staff file it (For this offense only). Saying that, the CAUTION is otherwise justified.

Appeal denied