1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198058662819 - (Jellyfish Juice / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Nympholama, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nympholama

Nympholama Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49198545
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198058662819 (Jellyfish Juice)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    ello,

Today i'm appealing for the simple case of injustice, because 'the accused should have known better'. View attachment 397746
    It was a misspoken situation which lead to a drastic confusion.

I tried to contact the victim and he tried to do the same, however for steam problems i was not able to receive his Friend Request after one hour of it being sent, and after speaking with the victim and paying back what he deserved as soon as it was possible, and even after himself asking for the report he had made to be taken down View attachment 397745 i get a Caution Tag.

I believe it is not a correct decision, and i believe the evidence the victim provided for take down the report, was more than sufficient for letting the admin understand that what happened, yes in part my fault, was not fully mine.

Nevertheless spycrabs reports are not treated by SteamRep anymore, and having a caution tag for something like it, only seems contradictory as no harm was intended.

In conclusion, i believe the Caution Tag was given out of injustice, after even the victim asking for his report to be closed rather than proceeding further with it, i receive a Caution Tag only because 'i should have known better' on a Spycrab.

Thank you for taking in consideration my report,

Jelly.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    First a correction, SR policy does permit for tagging of server bet related offenses if an admin feels its warranted, I know because I made the changes to investigation policy thread and its written in it. That is not a contributing factor for your appeal. Also, if it was a ploy to get the user to trade the items all along, that would completely fall within our normal tagging policies.
    Now on to your actual appeal, what exactly do you infer by saying "as no harm was intended"?
    Edit: I would also like a detailed explanation of events/timeline to what exactly happened.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Nympholama

Steam:
    From what i was told by Shiny Lucario, i was going to act as a middleman for the spycrab and that i will receive a form of small payment for it.
    Once i received the item he proceeded and sent me a trade offer with the item saying he will send me something when he finished.
    After that i was kicked from the group chat we were all in, as i didn't receive any form of payment after that time, i started to ask for the item back but the only answer i got told was 'no', he then went and unfriended me after it.
    From that moment around 20 minutes passed when i finally receive the friend request of the victim and here is our conversation. chat.png
    I wanted to repay for happened and i proposed 2 keys + a Sand Cannon, he accepted.
    However he had already filed the report, and there is no way of deleting it or hold it, that is why he commented with 'i'd like not to press charges'.

From there, the appeal gets accepted, i get the mark and now i'm here appealing.

Here is our last chatlog, he is happy to help if necessary. chat 2.png
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Where are your chats with "Shiny"? You also did not explain the specific comment referenced in my previous post.
  5. Nympholama

Steam:
    I don't have any, i wasn't screen shooting as i was watching the Cs:Go Championship and was on a Facetime call at the same time and also trying to buy some of the new mlg stickers that were released.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Then you are going to pick up your phone and launch the steam app, then go to chat and screenshot the most current 24hours of chats you had with him, they will be there.
  7. Nympholama

Steam:
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    The only way the chat would not be there is if you intentionally removed it.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    I have no other context to your actions, that chat will decide how this ends one way or another.
    Last chance.

Edit: try readding the user on steam to get him/the chat to show up again.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Nympholama

Steam:
    How? I do remove the steam app from the used apps quite often as i sold quite a lot of items on the market today and it wasn't working.
  11. Nympholama

Steam:
    I can try and record that the chat is not there, i'm not trying to hide anything, the chat is just not there i don't know what to do.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
  13. Nympholama

Steam:
    He has blocked me. block.png
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    sucks then, post back if you ever come up with it.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. Nympholama

Steam:
    what can i do?
  16. Nympholama

Steam:
  17. Nympholama

Steam:
    I can't make a chat appear from nothing, what can i do to help my case?
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    At this time I do not find the tag was applied in error that would warrant me removing it. Since the best piece of evidence is unavailable at this time, your appeal is being left to be processed in due course.
  19. Nympholama

Steam:
    How can i be friends with someone that blocked me? I sadly have no word in where the conversations go, i cannot make them appear from no where nor erase them.
    If you'd like, i'd love to have the victim join, i'm only trying to get rid of the tag which would not have been applied if the victim friend's request came through as normal, but it didn't and it gave them enough time to make them create a report.
    I tried my fastest to repay in any way i could, and i did, even to him the tag should not be there because it was an error that his friend request didn't arrive, if it did, i wouldn't be here debating for it, and hoping it gets removed as it was a machine error.
  20. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53172579
    I would like to confirm his statement if I am permitted to do so. I (The victim) was unable to add Jelly because of a Steam error, and I prematurely created a report