1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198061404832 - (Just Liu / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Just Liu, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Just Liu

Just Liu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50569552
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198061404832 (Just Liu)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I had a pair of alternate accounts. But I don't longer have access to those accounts, this is my main account.​

Appeal description:
    First of all, good day or afternoon to you admins.

On May 27, my account was unfortunately hacked, because a friend of mine sent me a link, under the excuse of wanting to withdraw money from the account and that I needed to enter mine, I believed him since he had already entered a few times to my account to share games. I was not, at the time, aware that he had just been hacked and that a strange bot was posing as him.

I trusted him and unfortunately my account fell into his hands. Fortunately after speaking with steam support I was able to get my account back, but the damage was already done. At no point throughout my time on steam did I have the desire or the need to harm other people through trading.

Here is the evidence I was able to collect. In the images I could see how the impostor got rid of my cell phone, how my account changed. Even the IP of the changes made doesn't make sense, beacuse I'm mexican. I am also attaching the email that Steam sent me, proving that I am finally in control of the account.

I'm just fixing this problem, because I've recently taken an interest in the trade and only just found out about the problem. I'm not going to lie, this is something that bothers me, due to the number of people who were affected by my incompetence.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope to solve this problem.​

Attached Files:

2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,

If you are claiming that your account was hijacked, you must provide the following:
    • Screenshots of a Steam support ticket indicating you were indeed hijacked.
    • Exact dates (or as close as possible) of when you were hijacked to when you recovered your account.
    • Screenshots of your inventory history two weeks prior to two weeks after being hijacked
    You have two weeks to provide the required information.
    FYI, a password reset is not proof of a hijacking.

In addition, can you explain what you meant when you said "....he had already entered a few times to my account to share games."?
  3. Just Liu

Just Liu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50569552

Well I can't really provide screenshots of the ticket, since they expired like... four years ago. What I can do is provide the exact dates and provide screenshots of my emails trying to save my account in those dates. The pics are in spanish, sorry.

And I was referring to the family sharing function that Steam has, that enables to share library between two accounts. I didn't knew how it was called in english, sorry.

The dates where between May 27, 2018 and June 1, 2018.

If there's anything I can do to clear things up, just say so and I'll do it.

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663