1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198100770427 - (White-Bear / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by White-Bear, Mar 22, 2020.

1. White-Bear

White-Bear Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70252349
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198100770427 (White-Bear)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Hello,

I am not certain that this isn't gonna go well as i don't know if there are solutions to this so i have less hopes.

I haven't been really active on Steam much in like 2016 to 2018 or 2019 so i had no idea what has been happening. I have been playing TF2 and Gmod a bit with a couple friends but i wasn't really into the Steam/Gaming community after. Apparently there has been situations going on with scammers pretending to be Valve people or smth, and i had absolutely no clue. In like late 2018 or so, i've recieved a message from an anonymous person that i don't even had them as friends. They were like "Your items seem to be scammed" or something bla bla bla, they sent me a video of my items with a scary lookin steam profile look to intimidate that they are a staff or smth, and i did sorta believe them because ive been looking at their profiles, at their comments someone was like "why did you ban me" and stuff and it seemed scary as i was clueless. So i was like, "uhh.. ok? why at this time though?", they have been denying requests to prove themselves but i was threatened by them, i was in a call with friends who were clueless and they had nothing to tell me about it, it felt like "ok well just see how it goes". They asked me to scan a few of my items, so i sent them those kind of items. and i was like "ok cool maybe they'll give me back its cool". Like i said i was CLUELESS and i had no ideas what was happening while i wasnt a part of the community. Then they asked me to send my steam login and password. That's when i was like ok yeah this is a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ joke i'm fooling myself, but they were threatening to ban me and stuff. And like i said i did see the comments of a person going why did you ban me and i checked their profile and they did get vac banned or something? trade ban? can't recall.
    So i was like f*** it, what did i miss when i was gone, if this s*** is legit then sure, and sent them my steam log in stuff. Then they threatened me to send my Gmail Address.
    THAT'S when i was like "yea nope not happening oops", because i have a YT channel that's associated with my email account and it's got 4k subs, i don't want my s*** to be wiped out over some dumb thing i wasn't given awareness of?
    They told me to contact them on discord i added them and i messaged them on discord something like "so what now"
    They logged me off, at the end i became a fool, damage has been done, they started scamming my friend list, great.
    Steam Support did gladly help me out with this and they banned the main scammer from steam.
    Although my items are forever gone, i got my account back, and i checked my friend lists messages and i was like "Welp, s***, great job*

In conclusion, i haven't been given awareness of this situation, i had pretty much no one helping me, i do take responsibillity for this becasuse, that's my account, but at the end of the day, that wasn't ME doing this, it was someone using MY account to scam others.

Again, i don't know if there are ways to resolve this ban, but if there's nothing that can be done, and if the rules say that i should take responsibillity for this, i completely understand.

Unfortunately i cannot detach any screenshots of what happened, because that happened 1.5 years ago, im currently on a differnet laptop, my other laptop has steam removed. The only thing i have left to show are the discord messages, But this took place in November 18 2018, and later i was banned in steamrep in November 22

[​IMG]

I don't expect any mercy within this, as i am not able to show steam conversations, but i hope for the best.

Thank you.

(Idk if the image will load cuz it just shows [​IMG]
  2. White-Bear

Steam:
  3. White-Bear

Steam:
    And "I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them" was chosen because i guess i am taking responsibillity for the things the scammers done
  4. White-Bear

Steam:
    and lastly heres proof that steam support DID reach out to me, the second image has red text google translated from russian to english

https://imgur.com/a/64QnDRU
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Need to see screenshots of Steam Support ticket/s.
    Need the date you got hijacked and the date you got your account back.
    Need screenshots of inventory history one week prior to the hijack until one week after you recovered your account.

If you don't have screenshots of the first Steam Support ticket, please make a new one and ask them to confirm you were indeed hijacked. Please upload all evidence to SteamRep forums.
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Since you are unable to show you were actually hijacked and recovered your account, the appeal cannot be granted.
    If you do however find proof ( screenshots of Steam Support Ticket/s) and provide it, you may submit a new appeal.
    Appeal denied.