1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198119740004 - (TheEvasion [Keyb-Mouse] / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Threat, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Threat

Threat Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79737138
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198119740004 (TheEvasion [Keyb-Mouse])

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Alright, after 5 years of this occurring, and 3 years of telling a LIE, I finally feel it is necessary to face my faults. Here's a little background. The time of the listed offense, December 4th, 2014, was when I was an 8th grader in middle school. This was right around the time where skins were getting popularized and gambling was just becoming a thing (csgolounge). Being immature due to my age, I got sucked up into the gambling scene and kept running out of skins. Me not being able to go to work yet, the thing I came up with was taking from others, which was wrong, but I would never see these people or talk to them again, so, "what the heck".

This was NOT the only time I tried this. I tried doing this scam around 5 times before this incident, and after I got reported which terrified me, I never attempted it again. Being a freshman and sophomore in high school, the best I could think of is to sell a lie in hopes that someone would believe me. I mean it was the easiest way out, so again, "what the heck".

I am now in my third semester in college, with a planned major in Information Systems. I have written numerous essays about the unprivileged in society while learning all different types of perspective in the world that doesn't include my own. I see that what I did was extremely selfish, cowardly, and immature. I now work for my own money, and I see the perspective of having a hard-earned wage, and not wanting anyone to steal from my work.

Laying all my cards on the table, I ask that you guys show me a little mercy. I know that I lied, and I know what I did was wrong, but the thought of scamming anyone, NEVER crosses my mind. To be honest, this website has taught me a lesson when I was younger that I can't just get away with petty scams like this, and kept me from doing it again.

I never thought I'd be writing an essay, and thank you for reading haha. I looked into the appeals to see if It would even be worth it to confess, to see if you guys show mercy on people for confessing, and I see yall have. And I also see that ya'll don't in some cases where the accused has lied. I take this into account, and I'm just hoping that ya'll can cut me a little slack. Keeping a lie is easy, but confessing on a public page is not.
    Thank you for your time, Evasion.

(On a side note, if you have checked the original accusation page, I did talk to him about it, and I DID lie to him, but I did, in fact, ask to repay him even though he didn't lose anything.) Also, @Horse, and @You Are The One, I apologize to ya'll for lying to your face. I wouldn't like if people did that to me.
    @Teeny Tiny Cat . If ya'll need anything else please let me know.​
  2. Threat

Threat Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79737138
    To add, (Sorry for not including this in there.) I haven't been in any trading communities in the past 3 years. Not playing csgo anymore, I don't have anything to trade as I have cashed everything out for cash irl. I only play games with my friends, and don't care about skins anymore. CSGOLounge was the only time i ever really tried trading or anything like that because it was easy.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied. I am glad you finally came clean and hope you mean it, but we will be unable to address your case further since you lied, a policy based appeal deny reason.