1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198122005972 - (Eriksson / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Eriksson, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    He made the fake offer for you?
  2. Eriksson

Eriksson Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:80870122
    Kind of. It's not like I added him with the intention to lie about this offer. I added him to offer my Searing Noh Mercy and my Vintage Shortstop for his BoA 2:1, for a profit of around 10%. When I told him about the Scorching Noh Mercy he is the one that contacted the owner of the Scorching Noh Mercy. He is the one that set up the two trades as can be seen in the chat logs. It's quite common to buy something because you know you can get more for it. In this case a Scorching Noh Mercy for the Vintage Shortstop he was buying. But there is no obligation to trade him the Scorching Noh Mercy. The owner of the Scorching Noh Mercy told me he would offer the Scorching Noh Mercy on his Vintage Shortstop, and later retract it.
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    Why did he do that?
  4. Eriksson

Steam:
    He did that to make the Vintage Shortstop seem more valuable.
  5. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    So he did it for you, to help you get the deal?
  6. Eriksson

Steam:
    Yes, to make it seem like a better offer.
  7. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you unaware of what a glim drop scam is? I'm a little bit confused at how you don't see that this is what that is.
  8. Eriksson

Steam:
    I have looked it up. But with a glim drop scam money is stolen. In this case nothing was stolen. The glim drop scam is also set up. He is the one that came with the idea to immediately sell the Vintage Shortstop. The Searing Plasma and Vintage Shortstop are actually worth way more than the BoA nowadays. I honestly think this can not be seen as a scam. If you look at sharking, the seller is being lied to, so he will trade his item. SteamRep does not ban for sharking, because the seller agrees with the trade. I think this should be handled the same way as sharking, even though I think sharking is a lot worse than lying about an offer to an experienced trader.
  9. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    We have firmly established that you didn't just lie about an offer, though. You engineered a situation in which he only completed the trade because he believed that someone else would buy the item for a specific price that your friend was offering, and you had full knowledge that your friend was going to retract that offer after your trade went through.

I'm really struggling to follow how you don't see that this is a glim drop, plain and simple. The value disputes and current prices are largely irrelevant here.
  10. Eriksson

Steam:
    The point is that he is the one that created the whole situation. He even said so himself "so I came to talk to Lategum". He literally is the one who came up with the whole idea to buy the Vintage Shortstop and sell it for the Scorching Noh Mercy. I am fully responsible for lying about the offer of the Scorching Noh Mercy, and my friend is responsible for offering it and later on retracting the offer, but he is completely responsible for creating this whole situation. I am being held responsible for what he did.

Also I think the prices are relevant because it substantiates that this was a regular trade deal and not a scam.
  11. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    How did he create it, if you came up with the offer and agreed with your friend that he would pretend to go along with it?

If it was a regular trade deal, why did you need to lie?
  12. Eriksson

Steam:
    Because he is the one that contacted my friend and set up the trade with both of us. My friend only told me about it after he got contacted. It was not even the idea for my friend and him to have contact. I added him to offer 2:1. We were discussing the exact deal for two days and we almost came to an agreement multiple times. Then I made this lie about the offer and then he contacted my friend. Then my friend told me he would not deny saying he made that offer. It's not like there was a plan where my friend and he would be talking, with the intention to make him do a deal. I just made the lie in the first place so he would be convinced it is worth more. My friend was not even in the picture of this lie until my friend was contacted by him. Every chat log also shows that he is the one who came up with everything, my friend just went along.

And with regular trade deals, sometimes lies are told make it look like a better deal. A lot of trades do or have done this. This is not scamming.
  13. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    Who added who isn't relevant, you and your friend came to an agreement to trick him into accepting your offer on the assumption that your friend would then buy the item. You can say it wasn't premeditated, sure, but it's still something you conspired on.

The admins who assessed the report originally felt that it was a scam, and I am not seeing anything here to persuade me that they made the wrong call. I have no choice but to deny your appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**