1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198128893967 - (Cody / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Lobortis, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobortis

Lobortis Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:84314119
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198128893967 (Cody)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Dear whom this may concern,

I would like to attempt to make an appeal, as the ban on my alternate account here: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198035917450 has a ban from 291 days ago. As it was banned for impersonating a staff member here: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198020525488, I do admit that I had impersonated him, but the question remains, did I scam? The answer is no, never in my life have I scammed. I find it really annoying and I have even been scammed myself from key trading and knives. The reason being that I impersonated a middleman was to mess around with people for a video and mainly to joke around with my friends, I had no intentions of scamming what so ever.

As stated by
    "3:01 PM - Vintage Cobra | 1,500 games!: Because of people like you, people who volunteer their time and effort to keep the community safe, get their accounts banned and shutdown because of false reports, due to impersonators."

So if my intentions were not to scam, then how would I even make this possible for someone to receive false reports? It was a joke for a video and some good laughs, but being marked for having an alternate account that's very unreasonable as my alt account doesn't even have any rep and doesn't have any trade bans. The account that I'm using now is my trade account and all of my reputation is on my Steam comments (13 pages worth) A small joke turned into a whole different story that I didn't even expect to happen, has changed the way I can trade. I was never banned or marked for scamming and I've never scammed before (just like everyone else says).

I really hope that I can receive a second chance because I do take trading serious and I NOW understand why impersonating someone can go wrong even if there is no intentions to harm someone. Again it was for a joke and some good laughs with a few friends, but I don't see why a ban so old should get a new account with a clean slate an old ban. I've taken lots of time to make my account clean, safe, and ban free.

Just because of an impersonation which was a one day occurrence shouldn't change the way a fresh start begins, please understand that I never intended to harm, hurt, or scam anyone during the process of the impersonation. I just really want a second chance.

Thanks for your consideration and time,
    Cody

P.S. Sorry for ranting, I'm just really angry and upset at the same time, I can't even trade now without being called a scammer, when I'm not even marked for scamming.​
  2. Lobortis

Lobortis Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:84314119
    These above, I forgot to change..
    Here are the real answers to the top part.

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), I admit it.

Appeal Reason:[Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted) The "other reason" is because I want to continue to gain my rep as I have 13 pages already, and I have never had any other offense besides the one here and on my alt, I've never had a trade ban, never scammed, and I like to joke around. I'm sorry that I took a joke too far.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims (I impersonated, but I never scammed, or intended to harm anyone.)
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You may only appeal with the originally marked account, saying that, the other account has both a Skial and DGN tag that you need to address with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.