1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198133515983 - (The Beard / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by The Beard, Nov 17, 2020.

1. The Beard

The Beard Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86625127
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198133515983 (The Beard)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have any other accounts owned by myself.​

Appeal description:
    2 Years ago I scammed a profile of the name Jamezthepro. At the time I had been doing Giveaways in my Rocket League Steam group and had quite the following so 18 year old me thought he was "Hot s✿✿✿". When the possibility of taking this users item for nothing came around I gave into the temptation and stole the item putting it straight onto the market place and claimed he had traded it to the wrong account.

Now almost 3 years on I can really see the errors of my ways. In that time I've been scammed myself and can see the damage of trusting someone and then have them turn around and burn you. I feel really s✿✿✿ about what I did back then and feel I have grown up alot from when I did that. I have sent the user I scammed a friend request and hope to make amends if he adds me, but I'm not sure he is even still active its been so long. I hope he adds me so I can make this right.

In the mean time I've been continuing doing my rocket league giveaways and have given away thousands of items for free, Hosted tournaments and other events, and also done a little middle manning for my group. I feel that I have changed dramatically from when I was in high-school and believe that my steam rep no longer indicates the person I am.

I'm not sure If I can make an appeal based on reform but if not I would love your help reaching this user so I can try make things right for my own conscience if not my profiles reputation.

Thanks for hearing me out,
    Regretfully
    The Beard.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You had over 1000 days to repay, why not before and why now?
  3. The Beard

The Beard Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86625127
    I don't think I really had a good sense of what I had actually done until fairly recently, for the first little while I definitely thought what I had done was fine and kind of funny. I guess as time went on it grew on me more and more as to what I had done is actually stealing in the real life terms and I should be ashamed. As to why now instead of earlier, I guess I'm going through a bit of a personal change at the moment,
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    trying to make myself a better person. Part of this change is to make amends with people I've done wrong to and although some people may think taking "virtual items" isn't really stealing I have come to realize that is 100% is and I would really like to try make it up to him.

Mod edit: removed some TMI
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review, Repayment is a REQUIREMENT of an appeal to be considered. You did not repay after over 1000 days and submitted an appeal anyways. I wont be considering the appeal further. If you truly had a change of heart, you would still repay.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**