1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198133551426 - (VEGAS / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by VEGAS Rio, Dec 6, 2021.

1. VEGAS Rio

VEGAS Rio Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86642849
    If i remember correctly then yes
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  3. VEGAS Rio

VEGAS Rio Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86642849
    I dont remember really, i think i wanted to send offers to csgolounge people and i couldent becouse it was a new profile or smth...
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for bearing with me through all those tough questions, I'd say we have more than enough to wrap up your appeal now. :D

Normally, SteamRep doesn't grant change of heart appeals for what we consider "serious" offenses, including impersonation scams (what you did) and other types of scams that are premeditated. But in the interest of fairness, I elected to completely hear you out either way. In this case, you used multiple accounts to scam people by impersonating Steam Support. That's something you had to plan out from the beginning, including creating and configuring those alts to look like Steam Support and build a convincing backstory. So it's clearly premeditated even if only once, but you admit to doing it at least twice. There were most likely a few other incidents you neglected to mention here, but I digress. In addition to premeditated or serious scams, we also don't look favorably on appeals for multiple scams.

You claimed to have a change of heart, but based on your attitude throughout the appeal, you showed very little indication of regret or compassion for the victims you stole from. That compassion and remorse is something we would need to see if you truly had a "change of heart". But to top it off, this reply of yours really drove the point home about how sorry you actually are for those you harmed:
    You may not remember, because you don't care, but I'm sure your victims remember the sting of having their items stolen by a fake customer service rep. I can only hope you learn some compassion one day.

Related to demonstrating a change of heart, we require that you repay all victims before appealing - it's not even a guarantee your appeal will be granted, but failure to repay in the beginning is a guaranteed rejection. When I asked why you didn't repay, you gave the super clear explanation that you forgot, didn't care, and didn't think it was a big deal. That is the exact opposite of a "change of heart".
    Riiight... couldn't possibly be some other scam you "forgot" to mention, could it? As per the policy I linked above, lying is grounds for automatic rejection of your appeal. If you lie once, we have to deny. You withheld your alt accounts, and then changed your story twice when called out for it. That's enough lying to reject for even without your weak explanation of the fake bot.

Your appeal is firmly denied, but I'll go ahead and ban your fake Steam Support bot and link it to your profile as an alt. Seems the report admin missed that when they banned you in the first place.