1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198149226922 - (Squeaker with a side of salt / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Salty Squeaker, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Salty Squeaker

Salty Squeaker Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:94480597
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198149226922 (Squeaker with a side of salt)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    Sibling's account:
    | steamname: BAM200188
    | steam3ID: [U:1:177977951]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:88988975
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138243679
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/bam200188
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198138243679

Appeal description:
    I was unaware the difference of a Festive and Festivized sniper, and when attempted to sell a Festivized listed as a Festive, I was reported. I didn't even know I was somehow scamming someone.

No trade ever went through, and no items were taken.

After this, I was reasoning on the report. When an admin requested me send screenshots, I was busy with school. When I checked back on the thread, it was locked. As the amount of time you have to respond to an admin on an appeal is 14 days, I do not believe this is justified, as I did not have that much time.

I have listed my recent inventory history.

As NO ITEMS have been compromised, and that I have learned that some items have very miniscule naming differences and I need to be on the lookout for such things, I believe I deserve a second chance. I didn't intend to cause any harm.

Please request any additional information.​

Attached Files:

2. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, sorry for the delayed response. Walk me through what happened here, again, from the beginning. Where did you get this item from originally?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Salty Squeaker

Steam:
    Hi! Sorry for the day delay, I was away from home Saturday.

It has been a few months, let me try to remember from the beginning...

So, one day on a trade server, someone offered me a Festivized Sniper for my Capper. We both thought it was a Festive Sniper. Trade went through, and as I continue to sell it as a Festive as I did not know the difference, I was reported for scamming here. I was trying to reason on the ban, was looking at it often for a few days, saw no response. Thought I should give it a break, wait a day or two. Waited a day or two from the last time I looked at it, and the thread was locked. The only option left was to appeal. Oh, and the one who offered me the Sniper in the first place honestly did not know the difference, and he traded it back for the Capper.

That's what I remember. I never meant and never will scam, it was an honest mistake. Feel free to reply if I didn't answer something here.

Thank you!
  4. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    What indication did cronnos give you that he believed it to be festive?
  5. Salty Squeaker

Steam:
    I should probably mention I am not the quickest when it comes to replying; school, family, the usual life things also happen.

Well, when he made the offer and we were talking about pricing of the two items, I just searched "Festivized Sniper Rifle backpack.tf" and clicked on the first result. The first result, however, (at least at the time) was Festive Sniper Rifle. Neither of us acknowledged the small difference, so we traded. Like I said, we did not know there was a difference between the two, so I just went with it.

Hope that's enough detail, there was not much to it. If I need to clarify anything, just ask.
  6. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    Did it not seem odd to you that he was offering it on your item that was worth much less?
  7. Salty Squeaker

Steam:
    I'm not sure whether you mean pricing now or near the time of when the appeal was posted, but I remember that, at the time, the Capper had more value than a Festive (no d at the end, remember I did not know such a difference) Sniper Rifle. Or, I'm remembering wrong and just wanted the sniper.
  8. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    The value of the capper hasn't really changed much, it's been worth about 2 keys the entire time. You then offered the sniper to someone for 9 keys. That didn't seem strange to you?
  9. Salty Squeaker

Steam:
    Oh, looks like I forgot something. Just took another, closer, look at the screenshots (screenshot 6) of my trade history on this forum, it was a Strange Sniper. To answer the question, while selling the sniper nothing seemed strange.
  10. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    I am aware. That doesn't alter what I'm asking.
  11. Salty Squeaker

Steam:
    No, nothing seemed strange.
  12. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    It didn't seem strange that you bought an item for 2-3 keys that you could resell for 9? Alrighty then.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  13. Teeny Tiny Cat

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Salty Squeaker,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Lack of sufficient evidence to overturn the original judgement
    - Lying or other fraud during the appeal

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content: