1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198302793967 - (~Sweater_Child~ / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ~Sweater_Child~, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ~Sweater_Child~

~Sweater_Child~ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:171264119
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198302793967 (~Sweater_Child~)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have tried making alts, but I do not remember them at the moment​

Appeal description:
    I don't remember much of what happened, but my account was hijacked for a good 3-4 months, it was an account scam, and apparently I made the mistake to believe that I had a "pending" VAC ban on my account and I had to speak to a Steam Admin. For context, I never learned how trading and the VAC system worked, so this all seemed so new to me that I felt basically forced to believe it if I wanted to keep my account, I got most of my items (hats, cosmetics, skins, ect) from mannco.trade with trade bots, and I guess that's how I basically set myself up for it? Because I don't know if using trade bots is against the rules and I still don't know to this day.

Basically to make a long story short, my account was hacked, and if I had to guessed how it got me banned, the hijacker used my account to scam other people.

I could use some help with all this, cause again this is all new to me. Hope to hear from someone soon about this.​
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    You need to provide screenshots of the steam support ticket, make sure you do not cut or edit the screenshots.
    Please explain how you got hijacked.
    Please provide the date you got hijacked and the date you recover your account.
    Keep in mind there's no such thing as Steam Admin.
  3. ~Sweater_Child~

Steam:
    To be completely honest with you, it happened pretty long ago that I don't remember most of what happened. What I do remember though is that it all happened this year, I believe around January or February (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I got it back about 3-4 months after it was hacked. I gathered up as much evidence as I can, I don't have his steam messages but I did manage to find a discord chat we used to "keep watch" on my account

This is the whole Discord conversation (I had it copy pasted because screenshots were giving me too much files to work with)

(Anything in parenthesis is me basically telling from after it what I was thinking at that moment)

Steam Moderator02/15/2019
    Did you log out already?

~Sweater_Child~02/15/2019
    yep

did it say i am?

Yes

can you try signing back into my gmail? now it wont let me back in due to security reasons

sir?

Your email is under review atm

You can't open it

until next friday i assume?

because im okay with my steam, but i actually need my email as soon as possible, im not rushing, im only letting you know(edited)

Okay steam user

?

I will tell you when you can use your email okay?

alright, thank you

whats going on so far

hello?(edited)

Still cleaning your account

what else is there to clean if i may ask

(This was when I started to question the guy's method, it started to look suspicious)

hey?

what else is there to clean from my email?

your gmail will be automatically unlocked when it's done.

alright

February 16, 2019

~Sweater_Child~02/16/2019
    yo did you f✿✿✿✿✿✿ delete my email?

(Now, granted, at that moment when I tried getting into my email again, the sign in page said "this account has been deleted", so I was pretty pissed)

dude

i actually needed that email, whats wrong with you

February 17, 2019

Steam Moderator02/17/2019
    I didn't delete your email Steam user.

February 21, 2019
    ~Sweater_Child~02/21/2019
    hey so, just to confirm, i get my steam back tomorrow?

Steam Moderator02/21/2019
    what's your username again?

Hungry_God

okay

i will keep you updated tommorow

also your steam needs to have 50$ steam wallet

can you get a steam wallet code

you literally never told me this

if i have to pay to get my steam account back, you can keep it man, i just want my email now

(I know I was telling the truth there, in the steam messages he never said anything about paying 50$, we only agreed that he was going to "scan" my account, and I would get everything back that friday)

please just give me back my email, and ill be out of your hair

give me the email user

[email protected]

(As of yesterday, that account has been deleted by me because I didn't feel that I really needed it anymore, but I recovered it just to look for evidence)

February 22, 2019

Steam Moderator02/22/2019
    Steam user we have a problem

The cleaning of your account still not done yet

It will take 2 days

~Sweater_Child~02/22/2019
    what about my email

will i get it back

dude?

February 24, 2019

~Sweater_Child~02/24/2019
    hello, can i get my email back

~Sweater_Child~02/24/2019
    hello

February 26, 2019

~Sweater_Child~02/26/2019
    hello

March 19, 2019

~Sweater_Child~03/19/2019
    Hey man, its been waaay too long, can i please just get my email back

June 5, 2019

~Sweater_Child~06/05/2019
    Hey there, i know its been too long and you probably dont know me, youve taken my steam account back in February and ive been wanting to have it back since, if theres any way we can talk this out, that will be much appreciated

June 7, 2019

Steam Moderator06/07/2019
    Hello

Mr.Sweater?

~Sweater_Child~06/07/2019
    Nevermind, i already got my account back, thank you for keeping it safe for me, but it was time that i got my steam back

(Thanks to a bit of client support and a lot of patience, I did manage to get my accounts back, this was the last I ever saw of him)

Here's proof that this wasn't faked, this is the same first words of the conversation in Discord

(I'll talk about the steam messages in another reply)

Attached Files:

4. ~Sweater_Child~

Steam:
    (Again, I don't remember much of what happened in steam, so I can be wrong about some of this)

I was playing Brawlhalla when a friend messaged me that there was a pending VAC ban on my account (as of now I don't remember which friend told me this), I didn't know the VAC system back then so I had to believe it because the friend told me that I could lose my account for life.

So I asked the friend how I can get it off my account, and they told me to talk to a steam moderator. They gave me the link to the mod's steam and it all went from there.

The steam mod and I talked about how I can get the ban off my account, and they said that they would have to run a full scan on both my google and steam account because I was supposedly reported for having fraud items, at that time i used a trading site for Tf2 called Mannco.trade, so it struck me that the trading site was probably why I have the report on my account, so I agreed to the scan. I personally asked them to add me on discord to keep track on how the scan is going.

Fast forward a few days and the steam mod told me that I needed to pay 50$ in a steam gift card, which wasn't in our deal at all, so I practically begged the mod to just give me back my google account and keep the steam account, I still needed to pay.

So I took matters into my own hands and decided to get my accounts back manually, I already got my google account back about a month after the hijack (I even have a picture to prove it!), now all I needed was my steam.

Sadly the steam ticket has been lost because I guess I didnt save it, but everything else should at least help you understand that I went through, hope it does, and I hope to hear again.

Attached Files:

5. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    There's no such thing as Steam Admin and there's no such thing as items scanning.
    All the communication I see there is with impersonators, no one from Valve would talk to you unless it was via Steam Support ticket.
    Giving you 14 days to provide screenshots of the Steam Support Ticket.
  6. ~Sweater_Child~

Steam:
    I get what you're saying, but at that time I didn't know how things worked, it may sound dumb (mostly because it is) but the "impersonator" shown in my appeal is why I got hacked. I can find the support ticket of me trying to get my account back if that's what you mean, but I'm just saying I was dumb to believe an impersonator, and that's basically how this all happened
  7. ~Sweater_Child~

Steam:
    It said that it's been closed but I think I found it

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. ~Sweater_Child~

Steam:
    here's a screenshot of it
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Giving you 14 days to provide screenshots of the Steam Support Ticket.
  10. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Since you are unable to show you were actually hijacked and recovered your account, the appeal cannot be granted.
    If you do however find proof ( screenshots of Steam Support Ticket/s) and provide it, you may submit a new appeal.
    Appeal denied.