1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198058123690 (Strange)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Strange, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Strange

Strange Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48928981
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: Other extenuating circumstance at admins' discretion. NOT USUALLY GRANTED!!!
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198058123690-strange-sr-scammer.36811/

Steam profile: 76561198058123690 (Strange)

Make your case:
    9 years ago I was banned on SR for being marked as a scammer's alt account, despite not having any connection to the scammer.

After a 5.5 year appeal process, my appeal was accepted, and it was decided that my tag would be reduced to a SR CAUTION. However, my tag was never downgraded.

Back in that time, SteamRep was handling a massive backlog of old appeals. Understandably, the staff did not have enough resources to process every appeal very thoroughly. As a result, I feel that my appeal was not given the proper attention it deserved. Every time progress was made, the thread was forgotten and abandoned for several months or even years at a time. This, along with not downgrading my tag, gave me the impression that the staff investigating my appeal weren't committed to processing my appeal properly.

I am requesting the following things:
    1. My tag to be downgraded to CAUTION as soon as possible, as decided in the previous appeal.
    2. Permission to open a new appeal to remove the tag entirely.

Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge that I have no new proof that would help my case. Any old evidence I could have had is new definitely lost due to the long timeframe of my ban. In practice this means that if a new appeal was opened, it would consist of the staff reviewing any old evidence they have, and deciding if it is enough to justify maintaining my tag after all these years.

However, SteamRep has matured considerably over the years, and admins hopefully can now dedicate more time to reviewing appeals. Therefore, I believe that if my case was reviewed now, the outcome could be different.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Tag downgraded to caution per previous appeal.

Archiving.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**