1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. UHUHUHUHUHUh

UHUHUHUHUHUh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46120140
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    you need to tell what happened there, and don't make a drama thread of it. making it multiple pages long serves NO purpose but nay-saying on various parties. We ONLY look at evidence, the story is only needed for us to know what to look for.
  3. swell

swell New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60206781
    Hi as i post before i am a new trader and this time its my second confrontation with a scammer
    First of all i am in a rush in finding someone quickselling a spine chilling skull, then i found this guy on bp.tf that is selling one in a discounted price https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198066113991. This is the url of the guy who traded with me, i checked his steamrep and it was clean so i send him a trade offer. Then i received the the item a few hours later. When i attempted to sell this item in tf2outpost it have said that golf is banned from the outpost and the alt of http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198001429820-sнαdeчz.15233/
    I dont know what should i do and can you tell me what to do ?
  4. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    swell, did you tried asking him for refund?

To SR mods: I don't know why his alt isn't marked on SR yet, should swell create an Alt account of scammer report?
  5. swell

swell New User

Steam:
    By the way this guy has a clean steamrep and banned from the outpost can you do something about this, and because i dont know he is an alt of a scammer do i receive a tag?
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Its normally the job of the involved community that FINDS the alt to mark the alt as a alt.
  7. swell

swell New User

Steam:
    Well i havent tried a refund but most player won't accept to trade back items and i will try to send him a trade offer thanks for the advice anyway, i will also try to talk to him.
  8. swell

swell New User

Steam:
    To SR admin : do i receive some sort of tag or warning?
  9. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    No, the alt was unmarked and wasn't necessarily obvious. I would check people's Outpost accounts from now on though.
  10. Korn Flaykes

Korn Flaykes New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55464694
    Can I see all the friends I added and un-added?Please!Its to find a phiser.
    I got phised months ago,but I'm very pissed.
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    We aren't Steam so we can't supply you with that information.
  12. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    Hello, I stumbled upon a weird scam report, accepted a long time ago with no comments under it, and I'm a little confused here.

Report I'm speaking about:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197961136409-daniel.7347/

The accused tried to sell steam gift of Max payne 3 and told it's region free.
    He has been reported and later tagged because apparently this gift is Ru locked.

What made me confused is that gift doesn't look ru locked on that screenshot, it only has one suffix "RU", meaning it has been bought in RU region, but it doesn't have big red "!" and mark on it, like ru locked gifts.

For further example, take a look at some games from my inventory.

This is an actually ru locked game, the infamous Valiant hearts:
    eAp9sxb.png

And this is a not ru locked copy of Dishonored GOTY that has been bought in Russia.
    I had 2 of them and I sold one to a guy not from RU/CIS country.
    He didn't come back to me saying it's ru locked.
    Note the absence of ru locked warning.
    The MP3 gift that got that guy banned looked just like this one.
    jjDYa4c.png
  13. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I haven't looked too much into the report, but if I remember correctly, Steam used to do a simple (RU) but changed the formatting due to so many people missing it. Someone else may be able to provide more information.
  14. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I googled some mid-2012 thread, they said in there about that "RU" suffix right after the title and don't mention any red mark with exclamation sign.
    Guess, it was added since that, sorry for the inconvenience then.
  15. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @M'aiq You are correct in your findings. But I do not know the entire story behind the report being accepted.
  16. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    I purchased Metro last light with the RU symbol and it worked for me in the U.S.
  17. keepSMILE

keepSMILE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72397812
    Hi, i pmed 3x moderators and all of them are ignoring me, no one want close the report which is on my account pending almost 2 months (moderator told me if the "victim" dont answer he will close the report and after 1 month and 20 days maybe more he didn't answered me, i added him on steam and nothing also pmed few days ago 2x other moderators with same question. No-one wont answer me, please help.
  18. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Given the nature of the report made against you, we have to give the victim a fair amount of time to reply with the evidence that we requested. At the moment you are not tagged for anything and the report against you is listed as needs more information to reflect that we are waiting for more information.

If he responds that he can not provide the information that is requested then the report can be closed.

I hope you understand the reasoning behind this as if you were the victim in his place you would want the same opportunity.
    Mattie! likes this.
  19. King of the weak

King of the weak New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62588625
    ok, sorry but i'm a real noob here, i play dota 2 and i recently got scammed, please help me mods! I'm not asking for much but please help view my thread to help verify if this guy really scammed me, I'm kinda confused as it was the first time i got scammed.
  20. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    @King of the weak, I marked your report ready for review by an admin.
    This is indeed a scam that he did. At no point can anyone transfer money between Steam accounts for payment.
    Never accept this kind of trade offer in the future.