1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Your Average Wooden Knob

Your Average Wooden Knob Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:145999091
    Hey I need help with an FoG ban, if anyone can help
    Curare(DK) likes this.
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  3. IVORY * Pinguin

IVORY * Pinguin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83850269
    Hey Guys,

i dont know if it is normal but i got scammed by an SR Admin he is called Mr.Someone is from the USA got a Reputation Status. I thought i could trust him because of the commends and that he is a steam admin but now my shadow daggers are stolen.
    First a guy asked me to trade then he said lets use an Sr Admin to verify our items. Then they said lets trade we tzraded and then they deleted me and blogged me and now i am without knife. The main problem is that a admin of steam is scamming users. i think this person needs to get banned or more to be punished by a court. i hoper i could help you. that all of you overthink who they trading to. Watch out for a retaed called Someone and JustWatch.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you believe you were scammed by someone listed on our admin or middleman lists, please start by reviewing the following guidance:
    I was scammed by a middleman/admin listed on SteamRep. What now?

Also, "Someone" is not affiliated with SteamRep. He's a middleman for Fortress of Gamers and Skial and admin on the Fortress of Gamers community, which are partner communities.
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    You Are The One likes this.
  5. IVORY * Pinguin

IVORY * Pinguin New User

Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ivry123/tradeoffers/sent/?history=1

here is the trade with someone and below is the link of his friend you may can help me Lava?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/csgotradetime/inventory/
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You need to follow the instructions in that guide I linked you, step by step, exactly as written. Read the whole thing, I can't do anything until you do your part.

The link you posted can only be accessed by you; I can't see anything in there. Steam makes trade history private.
  7. IVORY * Pinguin

IVORY * Pinguin New User

Steam:
  8. IVORY * Pinguin

IVORY * Pinguin New User

Steam:
    Lava i did everything written in the post. I know i cannot get back my item. But is it possible to see JustWatch and SOmeone be banned and they lossing their inventory?
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Read that entire guide, this is already explained in detail. It's not even that we don't want to -- SteamRep admins are not Valve employees, so we don't have access to trade ban or wipe out inventories. All we can do is put up a warning (hence the tag already on his profile) in our own database to try and keep anyone else from getting scammed, should they consult our database before trading. This profile was already flagged as a scammer, but you did not check. There's nothing else we could have done to prevent this, and nothing more we can do now that you were scammed and he's already marked.
  10. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    Just wanna rectify this.
    He is a middleman for Skial and an admin for Fortress of Gamers. He is not a middleman for Fortress of Gamers as stated above.
    Enstage likes this.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We have to check this entirely for various admins etc are impersonated a LOT. Some admins had literally hundreds of impersonators, those copied the name, avatar, profile text, badges, and some even went as far to go idling the games the admin's recently played on steam, copied comments.

This is why we need THOROUGH checking of information on reported admins. The admin

If you had put his custom URL into Steamrep instead, then you had found he's a scammer, marked 2 weeks ago already:
    | steamname: Šomeone.
    | steam3ID: [U:1:152538750]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:76269375
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112804478
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/____Someoneeeeeee____
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198112804478

Ïf you believe a "screenshot" on a profile, then that is really not the way to "verify".

I can put a picture of Kristen Stewart on my profile and "say" I'm her...

We can't help it that you didn't do due dilligence. You just accuse a community Admin & MM without even checking if it even was really him.

Maybe you should take it as a lesson that when it regarding trust, every scammer lies till they got you convinced. The real people will let you find out by yourself.
    Edward. and You Are The One like this.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  13. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Very sorry, must've been half asleep when I wrote that. I corrected my post.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Wait, what are you doing up? go back to bed, way past your bedtime :p
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry, Mom.
    SilentReaper(SR) and Roudydogg1 like this.
  16. iFaq Yurmama

iFaq Yurmama New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58085459
    Is it bannable to farm rep?
  17. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    If by "farm" you mean soliciting or posting bogus comments to appear more trustworthy than you are, citing trades that never happened, then you could get marked or banned by a partner community. That's known as fake reputation, or fakerep.

We don't normally investigate it here because it's too widespread, but there is precedent for people getting marked over it. Also, other communities will still ban for it even if you don't get a tag.
  18. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55419781
    I have an important message for an admin but I think Horse is ignoring me and clive wont answer. Its proof of scammer contradicting himself and proof of scams. I cant submit it because Im trying to not get noticed by the scammer because I am getting more info but the info I have should be more than enough
  19. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    It just said horse was on this page. Horse please respond and if its a glitch that I cant see your messages please add me https://steamcommunity.com/id/QuadrupleBackflips/

I know I sound like a child and I'm begging when you guys are clearing busy but this will take such a short amount of time
  20. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    If a staff member of any ranking could reply and help me out I would greatly appreciate it