1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can I report someone for scratched kato 14 skin scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ✪ VAC to VAC, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ✪ VAC to VAC

✪ VAC to VAC New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:93011122
    This post is copied from reddit: https://redd.it/76ewj0

Some guy just tried to scam me by claiming his AWP Boom MW with Dignitas (Holo) Katowice 2014 was worth 35-40k.

He sent me an offer for the AWP Boom + 15k for my Huntsman Knife Vanilla, when his original offer was only 36k.

I got suspicious and decided to check csgo.exchange to see whether or not the sticker was scratched after researching about people getting scammed this way. Some guy was actually scammed by this same exact skin! Here is the link to his post: https://redd.it/6wwhma.

When I checked csgo.exchange, I saw that the sticked was 92% scratched and realized he was a scammer.

After I found this out, I decided to mess with the dude until he removed me from his friends list. I took screenshots of everything (chat log, his trade offer, my trade offer, csgo.exchange proof, etc).

My question is whether or not I can get this guy banned on steamrep for doing this as this guy was an a✿✿✿✿✿✿. Thanks for reading and please let me know!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did not actually get scammed. I realized he was a scammer in between and declined his offer.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Getting someone banned on steamrep isn't or shouldn't be your goal... our purpose is to educate not punish.

Rather than ask "Can you report someone..this or whatever" - just do it and await the outcome.
    Cause really without all those things you said you have
    Nobody here will be able to answer this question... as it stands now - NO cause I can't see anything but your words against another user.