1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Disabling Comments?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by QwertyPoiuyGuy, May 30, 2012.

1. QwertyPoiuyGuy

QwertyPoiuyGuy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41809633
    I Discovered this idiot beggar: 76561198044289591 if you want to see his steamrep, and I noticed that on his profile, I was going to comment how he is a beggar and non-deliver on tf2r.com, but has comments disabled. I thought that should raise alarm on here, but there is nothing suspicious about him here.

ACTUAL THING: Why does disabling comments on profile not raise an alarm on SteamRep?

Extra Things: More on the beggar: Steamrep; Some conversation about him; Profile
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Comments on steam are valued 0, loads of people set it to "friends only", its not possible afaik to find that out (steam info pull goes without logging in to steam, so there is no param to check to. Also anybody can delete any comments on their own profile., so those can delete any negative ones, and keep the positives. Therefore: any comment on a profile is not valued. The only reason people comment on that are for scammers to fake rep... which is some we do mark for, for those are for 99.9999% sure scammer alts.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    This is the key point-- it doesn't matter if people have their comments disabled or not. No bad comments will remain once the owner of the profile sees them, so there's no point at all.
    Roudydogg1 and Dronefly like this.