1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

[DISCUSSION] Why do you trade with New Accounts?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Jmcmλtrix, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Jerrinho

Jerrinho New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37349058
    I do embrace trading with new guys (and let's be honest everybody here has gotten a good deal from dealing with a newbie), but that is trading low value items like weps, stranges, uncraft hats to get them into trading. Dealing Unusuals with someone who has absolutely no rep and 1 Unusual to go along with 10 untradable weapons is just plain stupid and is the reason why the mannconomy is so unstable and why u can't trust ANYBODY. The same thing goes for game trading. I met a guy once who was selling MW3 and since most of those got revoked (happened to me as well) I asked a load of questions. It turned out that he bought it for 14 keys from some russian guy with 0 rep and I told him: Dude, that game is very likely to get revoked. Please refrain from selling it until u verified the credibility of that seller. He just replied: So u don't want it? and that he didn't give a damn. Sold it 10 minutes later for 1 Bud and let the guy have the trouble. Just one of the things that make me sick about this community.
  2. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    The assumptuion here is that the funds came from a credit card only. That is hard to go for 6 months of using only a CC unless you use an alternate account to funnel the money back out. Which usually after an investigation paypal can link the 2 accounts and force the money out of the "exit" account. They are quite ruthless in these types of assumptions and linking multiple paypal accounts to one.