1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

DO NOT SUBMIT TO STEAMREP - Phishing(i need more info why you can hadle it )

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 1[YourLastWish], Mar 4, 2014.

1. 1[YourLastWish]

1[YourLastWish] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73753894
    so like i sai in the tittle why?? need to now the reson because im so dumb i can't industud yeas i submit all that to steam ticket so???
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Accounts that send phishing links may be the victims of hijacking. A lot of them are not traders or even know they are banned by SR. We used to ban such accounts. However, once they found out that they were banned by SR, they tried to appeal their ban but in many cases, they ended up creating tons of invalid appeals and they did not know how to create a proper one.

What is more:
    1. Valve has made improvements to steam that mitigate the potential loss of items caused by phishers/hijackers.
    2. If you clicked a fake link and provided ssfn file, checking SteamRep profile of the person who sent you a phishing link before clicking it is probably the last thing that you would do.
    3. The only way to stop such accounts sending phishing links is disabling them or giving them back to the people who used them before they got hijacked. Those two things can be done only by Steam Support.

In other words, banning people for phishing does not prevent people from getting hijacked and that is why we stopped banning for phishing.
    You Are The One and Mattie! like this.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Just to say mostly the same thing Thomas said:

For everyday phishing reports:
    • Usually it is an innocent person/kid who clicked a link and got fooled
    • Not usually a trader
    • Lots of pain for them to get unbanned when their account is recovered
    • We have no perfect way to tell when their account is recovered, only Valve knows that
    It is better that day-to-day phishing scenarios are handled by Valve, not our volunteer database. We are overwhelmed with actual item scams and it's not very useful for us to handle phishing in our database.

Use this approach:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. 1[YourLastWish]

1[YourLastWish] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73753894
    thnks alot and sorry for all the troble i made i was mad because we were 3 peppole here that we post fro the same user and because with one of the user that did report him i added to talk what hapen and i ask him about what steamsupport said to him so he told me that steam can't recory his items and if somthing like that hapenis to me to you see i just lost 300 euro i will not let tis be esay forgoten 300euro is money that i had invest and money that i earn from trade i realy did hard work there to earn that amount of money so maybe is time to get some bans on my account beacuse there is 2 ways to forget somthing like this 1 to scamm peppole to 2 to post about steam how bad he is working on somthink like this i dont want to do nothing on this 2 i just want my items back nothing else and if i get again scammed then will be my fault i think that evrey one must have secont chance even the scammer so thnks again and sorry for my bad english
  5. Pikachoo :3

Pikachoo :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55504513
    so how long does the report take for someone to get ban because this didnt happen once it happen atleast 5 time a week and i need to know is there something i can do to help people that may not know this new type of phising, plus why havent Valve fix or try to stop this new way of phising
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483