1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Forum suggestion

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by @NaG4, Feb 1, 2014.

1. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36765938
    I think it would be quite useful to have an edit function, i feel like a idiot for posting 3 replies because i forget something.
    Not sure if this is in the right sub-forum but i guess i'll take my chances here.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    there is a 2 minute window after posting where things can be edited, after that its locked. The only part of the forum where edits are allowed are in the guides section so ppl can update their guides.
    @NaG4 likes this.
  3. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    How about changing that option in the sub-forum of appeals to endless? I actually replied to my own post 2 times because i didnt see it.
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Due to the nature of this website, it is not going to happen.
  5. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    May i ask why? I feel like an edit function there would help since users sometimes grow impatient after a few days of no responds and start to dig deeper into their own appeal and add information. As you this would prevent useless bumps and would filter the threads better from older to newer.
  6. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    And now i even have to reply to my own post because i didn't add a see after "As you". :(
  7. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Anything you do post may be given in evidence. If we allowed people to edit their posts, we would have to compare all versions of the posts in order to figure out what was edited.
  8. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    How about 5 min then. Unless if you notice a very obvious typo the second you submit, odds are you don't have time to fix anything in 2 min.
  9. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    Oh yeah, i didn't think about that. o_O
  10. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

The same could be said of 5 minutes. It's better to be safe than sorry, and securing the evidence and content of the posts is more important than minor typos.