1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Frustrating Experience with Steamrep.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nikriontra, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Nikriontra

Nikriontra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34880181
    I've appealed once.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2024
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You are not permitted to argue the outcome of your appeal here in this section - I have redacted just about all of your post due to this.
    You can however question policy.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

If you bring up YOUR situation again here in this section against these rules we may have to take action on that.

Here is a link to the appeals guide if you've not read it yet since apparently you have not. Pay close attention to #11
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/
  3. Nikriontra

Steam:
    I am questioning your policies. From what I experienced the admin reviewing my case may as well have posted the lyrics to "Never Gonna Give You Up" as their final verdict and there would have been nothing I could do about it.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2024
  4. Nikriontra

Steam:
    I also don't believe your admin followed Rule #11 of your own rules.
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2024
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You are not just questioning policy here - you are AGAIN discussing YOUR offense. Final warning on this and that has again been redacted.

This post also was redacted due to the MY CASE mention. - You've still not read thru #11 completely/properly.
  6. Nikriontra

Steam:
    You continue to point me to the very first section of Rule 11, but you ignore the fact that you have an entire mechanism in place for a second appeal that you clearly don't intend or want to use which is very concerning given the power SteamRep holds in the trade community.

So from what I understand from our limited one-sided dialogue, you are indirectly implying that an admin can act with impunity without consequence. A SteamRep ban means community bans across multiple partner trade sites across the trade community. Therefore SteamRep wields a very dangerous power that can be easily abused, and it is important all bans are fairly reviewed and objectively treated.

Given your propensity to ignore the bottom half of Rule 11 and the easily abused power SteamRep holds in the community, do you not agree that it is the responsibility of SteamRep to ensure it fairly and objectively reviews its bans and gives the appealer a proper judgement?
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Wrong - I told you to read the WHOLE SECTION. You've still failed to do that apparently.