1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Hello, my friend's steam account has been hacked...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by FlawlessLegendx, Nov 19, 2014.

1. FlawlessLegendx

FlawlessLegendx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48434191
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Why should we?
    We do not have the means to stop hijacking, and we stopped marking such accounts for most where just hijacked, reported for being hijacked and then a long time passed, got tagged, and then they have to appeal that and a way longer time passed that they could get it off.

Hijacks are best handled by Steam Support, they can actually help. The only thing we can do is educate ppl to NOT CLICK LINKS in any chat, or custom text by anybody any place.
  3. FlawlessLegendx

FlawlessLegendx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48434191
    I'm aware, he's contacted steam support, it's just so people are aware that it's not him if a trade scam happens or whatevs
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    And how do you see that exactly?
    Its not that people go to this forum and find this topic with every time they chat with that account. and even if they would search, they would not find it, for you didn't include the Steam ID's, only the vanity (custom) URL, which nobody searches for.

Unless you contact every single account that account is friends with and tell them personally, nobody will know.
    Sjru and Wrath like this.
  5. WheatleyBaka

WheatleyBaka New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46614104
    Hello there ! I'm here to reply that i got my account back thanks to steam support !
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    sigh, useless

archiving.