1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Help with profile stuck on "not public" and "Error loading data"

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Darkarronian, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Darkarronian

Darkarronian New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39949262
    Hi, when I use the https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198040164252 and look up my profile it says error loading data and under the Friends section it says profile not public.
    However, I have set everything to public on Steam under the Edit profile - Privacy settings tab there.

Can anyone help me fix this error? Am I missing something obvious?
    I cannot register on r/steamgameswap and I think this is the issue - my profile showing as not public and not showing on steamrep properly when searched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Darkarronian

Darkarronian New User

Steam:
    This is what it looks like
    upload_2023-4-12_0-57-16.png
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    That's a bit weird indeed. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong on our end, so my only suggestion would to be try loading it again later, maybe tomorrow. After all, Steam is notorious for being slow/laggy on Tuesday, since it is (or used to be) their maintenance day.
  4. Darkarronian

Darkarronian New User

Steam:
    I have been trying these last 5 days and get the same error. I was wondering if I am missing something on my end. Some setting in a browser or adblocker, though I have tried a different browser and switching off adblock already
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Looks like it is working fine
    dark.jpg
  6. Darkarronian

Darkarronian New User

Steam:
    Thanks for checking, its says public for me now as well. It still says error loading data and error:steam returned no friends list on the rest of the page, I'm not sure if its relevant though.

Unfortunately, I am getting the same error when I try to link my steam and reddit accounts. Would you have any knowledge about this?

upload_2023-4-12_18-3-55.png

And then when I click link, I get this error below...

upload_2023-4-12_18-0-44.png
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No idea there, we've had a few issues on the steam rep profiles that we are still working on that may have been doing what you had issues with but getting better.
    The reddit linking you may have to ask them about that.
  8. Darkarronian

Darkarronian New User

Steam:
    Oh well, thanks anyway. If anything changes let me know. I have been trying to contact the mods on the subreddit but haven't gotten a response.