1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How do you find alt accounts?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by StruttingPhil_DE, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StruttingPhil_DE

StruttingPhil_DE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74738525
    I don't even know where to start, but I'll do my best.

First off, this doesn't have anything to do with that I'd like to ask, but would any of you recommend working out more than 20 hours a week? And yes, there are plenty of people who do not find it hard to work out 4-5, 8-10 or 12-14 hours consistently 5-7 days of the week.

Maybe you have an absolute 100% guessing rate. This is f✿✿✿✿✿✿ impossible.

I really don't understand how you guys find alternate accounts, besides if some idiot just makes one and has the exact same username, or something after it like Alt or some random set of crap after it. Do you guys check to see if an account has connected with the same IP address? I'd assume that this would work pretty easily. There are some ways I might prove this. One is that if some jiggly✿✿✿✿✿✿ is constantly visiting steamrep and the forums because he is marked as a scammer, you can get his IP, even if he only visits once. Another way you might do this is if you join a game he is in and the server you are on is some how stupid enough to let you find this information. The last way is what really bothers me. If I create an account and do absolutely nothing with it, and do not visit your forums, and do not play any games with it, and have a different IP address than my other accounts, and do no connect with my other accounts, how you would find it then. Or if I do not visit your forums, do not play any games, have a new IP and do log into y other account and this new account, the way you would find it then really bothers me. I just don't understand this.

And yes, there are people who enjoy doing things other than sitting on there ass all day and looking a forums and playing vidya games.
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I'm sure you'd like to know.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We do not discuss our investigation techniques publicly as it would serve as a manual for scammers to avoid detection.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.