1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How Much Have You Loss Via A Steam Scam?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by AznZeus, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    I recently loss about 230$ is TF2 Items due to a scam by this user

Even though I have sucessfully traded paypal before I foolishy fell for his seemingly legit profile and his fake steam rep

While 230$ isnt necessarily a large amount to me it was from past 5 years of TF2 which i built from scratch which is more sentimental and hoping to cashout

I dont expect to get them back but I did file a ticket and hope to see this ♥♥♥♥er banned at least
    it is interesting to note that while he was banned on rep and likely has multiple reports he has not been trade banned by valve which was a blow to me as this could have been totally prevented if valve acted.

Looking around the forums Ive seen many scammed similar ways and even if he actually paid paypal he could do a common paypal chargeback scam since paypal always favors buyers and it was virtual items.

My advice: ONLY sell in trade box or market. it'll take a long time but you can convert all items to keys and higher quality items eventually which you can sell on market and get valve bucks.

Theres just no winning for sellers. So how much have you lost with steam?
    Last edited by eram; Just now
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you wish to make a report you are welcome to do so - but this thread section isn't for that. You can also write up a guide if you want.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Let's not start discussing amounts. Doing such may only encourage users to start committing fraud.

We appreciate input but it needs to be input that will not possibly cause harm later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.