1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to screenshot trade chat window?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 32BitPimp, Mar 23, 2012.

1. HEAVYKIN

HEAVYKIN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30327511
    so if i want to record a video longer than 30 seconds which is what fraps does ... what program do i use ? sorry for the noob question
  2. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    xSplit. It's free atm and it doesn't drain your PC like fraps does. Google is your friend. (Start a local recording broadcast)
  3. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23339983
    I just use Snipping tool for screenshots which is built- in windows 7 and very user friendly :) i'm not sure about video recording though.
  4. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    If it's in game and its not a small transaction, have them add you or vice versa and then meet outside the game to do the trade then use the windows snippet. Yeah, you may have to wait a few additional moments and its inconvenient but the alternative is worse. Especially if its a paypal transaction.

Highly doubt valve will do anything about the screenshot functionality. I wish ingame was just reworked instead of having to use the STILL very buggy steam trade.
  5. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
  6. pakoros

pakoros New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5483377
    I use Snagit to capture both screen and record video
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam: