1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I traded for an unusual, then found out the person I bought it from was a scammer! Can I get banned?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Pile of Dirt, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Pile of Dirt

Pile of Dirt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37701815
    Im really nervous right now

I traded with this guy who was a fan of my you tube channel because he wanted to own a hat that had me in the history or something..

I checked the history of the item and it said SCAMMER next to his name!
    My friend told me you can get banned for trading with a scammer so I'm pretty worried right now :L

In all honesty I didn't know he was a scammer and am now shaking in my boots

Can I get marked from this?!
    Please help D:

PS: From now on imma check the history BEFORE I trade with the person
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Don't worry, mistakes happen. Almost everyone has traded with a scammer accidentally, it isn't a big deal. Nothing's going to happen to you on our end, just be more careful in the future.
  3. Pile of Dirt

Pile of Dirt New User

Steam:
    Oh thank god xD
  4. Pile of Dirt

Pile of Dirt New User

Steam:

hey have a bit of an update, I sold the hat the scammer sold me, but now he wants a retrade, really badly, saying I scammed him and all that :L Should I be worried now!?
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Not at all. You don't need to retrade. As long as both sides of the trade agreement was held up then nothing he can do to get the hat back. All trades are final after all :3
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Unless you actually scammed them, you're fine.
  7. Pile of Dirt

Pile of Dirt New User

Steam:
    thanks a bunch guys ;3 Really appreciate it