1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

If someone has a high amount of scammer friends?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by The Scammer is the spy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. The Scammer is the spy

The Scammer is the spy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51533359
    Do you find them or do you have to report them?
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Having a very large number of scammer friends is a concern, however it is not a crime, and is not taggable.
  3. The Scammer is the spy

Steam:
    Because one I see not a sr caution has 13 scammer friends + 1 sr caution friend
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Well I check my SR page often, I know if I have too many scammer friends, people who trade with me will be dubious, so it is better to remove any we come across. Certainly someone with a lot of scammer friends "could" be a fence, so it is wise to be prudent.

Having said that, SR does not sanction for XXX scammer friends, and as I said it is not a crime, just not a good look :)
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

SR may do investigations into those. But those dont depend on reports. The reports are fine, but those should contain actual evidence for fencing or suspect of being a alt of XY account because of this x and y and z blah.
  6. The Scammer is the spy

Steam:
  7. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    Out of about 140 friends, i don't think that's too bad...
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

without looking at items (have no time for that) I find nothing problematic.
  9. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    I believe if that someone with like 70 friends, 15 of those are scammers, it's likely something is wrong.

But if over 270 and 10-15 are scammers it's not that likely but rather a side effect of having that much friends.

I wouldn't really have a high level trade with the first tho.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

10-15 is high anyway. up to 4 wont raise my eyebrow, but above that I'd be starting to be careful, and at 10-15 I'd be checking that guy out everywhere.
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Yup, just like in real life, you can be an angel but who you choose to roll with says a lot about you others :)
  12. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I think a lot of people dont know even a third of the people on their list. They add for a trade then are too lazy to remove. That being said, low hours+more then a few private/ friend only bags and more than 3 scammer friends per 100 raises concern. Actually passed on a pretty favorable trade cuz of this; definitely something off bout him. Now finally trimmed my list substantially which I think everyone should do. Quality>quantity