1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

In "Probation" and still can't trade items/activate cdkeys or games

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by SSSuperflux, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSSuperflux

SSSuperflux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29319429
    OK
    i had a trade ban for nothing, waiting 2 weeks because i heard when my account is in Probation i can trade my items and i understand that my account will never get out of probation?
    can you make something atleast to take my items please?
    i can't trade them it says: " you can't trade with X because you have a tradeban"

What does probation do to your account in Steam Trading?

Upon receiving a trade ban your account gets placed into probation as well. Probationary status allows other user's to determine if a user has committed scams in the past so they can make better decisions about whether or not they want to trade with previous scammers. Probationary status does not prevent user's from trading.

this is what probation is, it writes on your steam support, just tell my why i can't trade my items!!!
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

removed all the color crap, which made your post invis unless selected.

And there are 3 valve "states":
    - Trade Lock, not visible, and is intend for valve to be able to investigate a issue without creating more havoc.
    - Trade Ban, Visible, not able to trade, activate or w/e
    - Trade Probation, Visible, some limitations

My guess, you have 2 statusses: Trade Probation and Trade Lock. you will have to talk thru your steam support ticket to talk with Steam support regarding it.

https://support.steampowered.com/
  3. SSSuperflux

SSSuperflux New User

Steam:
    sorry for the post above:

OK
    i had a trade ban for nothing, waiting 2 weeks because i heard when my account is in Probation i can trade my items and i understand that my account will never get out of probation?
    can you make something atleast to take my items please?
    i can't trade them it says: " you can't trade with X because you have a tradeban"

What does probation do to your account in Steam Trading?

Upon receiving a trade ban your account gets placed into probation as well. Probationary status allows other user's to determine if a user has committed scams in the past so they can make better decisions about whether or not they want to trade with previous scammers. Probationary status does not prevent user's from trading.

this is what probation is, it writes on your steam support, just tell my why i can't trade my items!!!

he is my sidestory:
    i tried to sell my cdkey that i won it on playdota2.com to a friend and told him to first give me the 6 common items and after that i'll give him the cdkey without the 5 digits and another 6 items and i'll give to him the last 5 after the 2nd trade is done!
    after the first deal was complete i gave him the cdkey with those 10 digits except those 5 and he then suddenly tells that he's a hacker that the agreement it wasn't this way and he made a post to dota2traders.com a admin from there came to talk with me than he said if i'll give him those 6 common items back he'll reject the request!
    then i gave him those 6 commons and the post is rejected!

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198018904586
    http://dota2traders.com/threads/76561198018904586-287.3389/
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

screenshots of that chat / trade agreement would have helped....

and we here on SR cant really help with CD key sell's, for there is no secure way for us to check the key, reasons:
    - if the key is already used, we will always find it cant be activated
    - us to "try" the key would mean that that key would activate on our account(s), cant allow that.
    - this always ends up in a he said/she said story, which is an impasse where SR cannot find truth.

As a result, SR is not supporting CD-Key trades, and is advising people to stay away from it. There are other reasons too for that.

One of them is that a "seller" of CD keys can abuse the CD keys to hijack accounts.
  5. SSSuperflux

SSSuperflux New User

Steam:
    so what shall i do ?
    can you tell me how to get my account trade unbanned?
    i just want to trade those items for another ones and want to make trades again, just tell me what to do?
    made tons of post on steam-support but those guys can't help me because they don't have f✿✿✿✿✿✿ 5 minutes free and take a good decision based on tons of proofs!
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

really, with steam support:
    ask 1 question per post, and WAIT for answer, and then give another.

otherwise they ONLY answer the EASIEST answer.
  7. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve and has no say over their policies or actions. Thread locked.
    DataStorm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.