1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Just a simple question

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [KritZ] Transcend|Panda, May 21, 2012.

1. [KritZ] Transcend|Panda

[KritZ] Transcend|Panda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13795174
    So if i were to start a trade and i got scammed. After reporting and it went successful. Will i be able to retrieve my item back? Or no it would just be a lesson for me?
  2. [KritZ] Transcend|Panda

[KritZ] Transcend|Panda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13795174
    But what if it is cash trade?
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    hmm, most cases people dont get their items back, especially with cash trades. They use the data for keeping informed on scammer accounts, but they wont restore items from cash trades.

Only real hijacks have a high success afaik, the rest (scam's) is less hit and more miss. Mostly due to the nature of the trade system (checkbox + ok button, 2 actions to take b4 a trade happens, its then your responsibility to check that you got what was intended)

So when you report you got scammed, you mainly try to achieve 2 things:
    - Marked scammer on Steamrep (and therefore banned on a load of servers around)
    - Getting the person trade banned or trade probationed by Valve via a steam support ticket.

I wont count the very small chance of getting your item(s) back.

Cash trade seems to be a argument of NOT accepting the scam report and restoring items. We seen of course some go thru, but we are not advising people to say similar things to get past by. It must stay a truthful report to valve.