1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement Major SteamRep Announcements - OFPF, Donations, and much more

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage Backpack.tf admin Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10221710
    Wasn't sure where to post this. I just received this email:

Carnage,

Your donation recognition (and SR DONATOR) for SteamRep will expire on Jan 1, 1970, if you would like to renew your upgrade follow the link below.

http://forums.steamrep.com/account/upgrades

Thanks for your continued support,
    SteamRep
    A service of the non-profit Online Fraud Prevention Foundation

This message was sent to you from SteamRep Forums because your preferences are set to receive site mailings.

To stop receiving email, please visit http://forums.steamrep.com/account/contact-details.

Obviously it's a mistake, but I figured I would let it be known.
    Roudydogg1 and Mattie! like this.
  2. Looks like so many people donated after this announcement. Still not enough money to buy VALVe for tradebans and making duplicates for scammed victims? :p

Great announcement actually. I love that donations are back and I hope to donate soon. Also 1 question since you changed the "BANNED BY X" mark. Does the time of the ban changes the appeal prodecure? For example, someone was banned by SteamRep 1000 days ago and another person was banned by SteamRep 100 days ago. I'm really curious about this.

P.S Is Vo0's TF2 backpack value is enough for Tier X? :)
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Thanks much for letting us know. Another bug in a plugin we bought-- will see if the author can fix it. Sorry for any confusion it caused.

No real difference planned here for appeals at all. It's just FYI data. We're still seeing how well this works out to display that, though. In some cases it may not be perfectly accurate (i.e. too short) because we might have decided the ban belonged to the wrong community or something (and changed the tag).
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    nah, it just means that forever is till January 1, 1970. I barely remember that day, but I think it was a Thursday. My mother and me went to 2 birthdays that day.
  5. Not only trade bans, also duplicating items and refunding them back to scammed victims. :)
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    No :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Finally, some upgrades. I also like the addition of the trusted sellers page. Looking forward to a new chapter in Steamreps history :D.
  8. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    It was an old thing, not an addition. I removed it.
    Xenophobia likes this.
  9. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Well I like it now
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Great to see how far Steamrep has come since the early days, keep it up.
  11. Chimi

Chimi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:683286
    This is fantastic news! Congrats, everybody!
  12. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
  13. ❤BakaWaDaisuki™❤YuKiRiN

❤BakaWaDaisuki™❤YuKiRiN Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60814437
    at last, some great news :D
    must support, just brought the highest donation tier.
  14. ♦Laws016♠

♦Laws016♠ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60980440
    *clap*
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  15. Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44137335
    So basically TLDR:
    We changed a bunch of stuff, not making the reporting process any faster or adding more admins ..... But now we can take your money so we got that going for us which is nice.

This was all not needed, only thing needed is a faster response to the reported scammers.

I have reports outstanding of 6+ months with all the screenshots etc. added....

But cool that you can now take our money !!!!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Have you ever thought about the fact that SR provides its API to communities so banned users can get banned from those community websites and servers as well? Do you think it does not require anything except for 1$ per year shared hosting? Do you really consider covering the expenses of running SR money "going for us"? If you do, then I really think you should not be writing any TLDR because your understanding of this stuff is very poor.
    If you want, we can disable donating for you - just to make sure your money does not go to SR.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  17. standin.Sevraj

standin.Sevraj Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48463107
    Good job. But remember one thing. Banned players are waiting 2 years for your decision. Nice job
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    At first there was no appeal procedure at all, that we are willing to review our decisions, should say some already.
  19. If you read the thread carefully, they said that they added a new admin which is Clive.

Oh, so you think that education new players in Steam about scamming methods and avoiding them is useless or not worth a 0,02 cent? I can actually accuse you for participating for fraud to attempting to take down the education, so that scammers can scam new people since they know nothing about scamming. :p (Not a happy : P face.)
  20. Black Burn

Black Burn CSGO/DOTA2 Lounge Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44269628
    Thank you alot about this , i missed to say it in the day announcement was made - i talked with Mattie and he explained everything about donates options .

Great work and keep going for more ;)