1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement Major SteamRep Announcements - OFPF, Donations, and much more

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Nov 23, 2014.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. Do not post harmful links, really. Unless you intentionally want a ban for that.

2. We don't like them either, but we're so far behind that by the time hijack reports are handled, the original owner of the account has regained the account already for a long time. Then the account would get tagged many months after it was hijacked and has to appeal to us, and wait again for a very long time. So if we would handle them, those hijack victims would have to deal with this like 1,5-2 years after by appealing. We find that useless of our resources, and unnecessary. Valve's automated systems will take care of it, as they can automate handling them, and there is, there is just a lower treshold to get over or w/e they use to get indications of it. Shame that most people don't know that those Steam activation mails do contain a link to "lock" the account and it then can only be unlocked via Steam support.

3. Donating helps for upkeeping our server online, and the tools we need. Over time we will improve things gradually. Things cannot be build within days. We've come a long ways since start, prevented tens of thousands of scams.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Not to mention, a phishing account getting banned by us doesn't stop them from posting comments on people's profiles. We have no power against phishers, only Valve does.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Any plans on when the site profile redesign contest will be held?
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Do you plan to offer any OFPF Certification programs anytime soon? Also, when will the OFPF legal documentation be uploaded?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Ln.Ris

Ln.Ris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:75988785
    Are you guys willing to improve the system ? i have some reports so much time here and no reply and nothing i think is needed more peoples to review the reports.
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Of course we want to improve, but wishing is a lot easier than making it happen.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  7. Ln.Ris

Ln.Ris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:75988785
    but what is needed to improve? donations? Peoples? in donations you guys should accept tf2/Csgo Keys, its easy for traders to help :)
  8. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Do you understand that accepting Steam items would put SteamRep at risk of getting unknowingly involved in some shady activities?

Not to mention, Steam items are not something that we can use to cover our basic operational costs.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    With the change to a official NPO, any income must be shown via a money account to the IRS. The problems arising with accepting digital items is that it becomes problematic on proving what items are for SteamRep and what not, managing it, etc. Also taxes for volunteers are accepting goods, and then turn it over into money by selling them, and then turn it over to StreamRep, IRS rules are against that, would need to withdraw taxes before giving it to SteamRep (income for that admin, donating to SteamRep for tax deduction/rebate administration shenanigans) etc etc etc. And also, would you want a SteamRep admin busy only with handling those goods, the administration, and all other shenanigans that would be needed, and won't have much time for normal admin duties. Not even to mention that this admin can't trade anymore for himself etc.

All things considered, we cannot accept digital goods. We do are considering to allow donation for another account so that by selling digital goods the buyer can make that donation for the seller. But as that isn't fleshed out as we want yet, it needs some working on.
  10. M00N_$p@rk

M00N_$p@rk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31606278
    Hey guys,

Finally registered on this forum and finally have a question: when donations wia webmoney will be available? As soon as I don't care about lounge and steam comment +reps (don't really +rep untill I am asked so by buyer), I do care about SteamRep community ^^ I do still remember how I was scammed first time for $50 and ect. ect. However, I was never reported for trade scam (as soon as I know :p)
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't know if WebMoney can be supported by us, I think it can. Final word on that will be by @Mattie!
  12. VIPER {TRADING}

VIPER {TRADING} Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50238218
    Can you guys email steam and ask if SR donators can have a special way of showing it on their steam profile?
  13. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Steamrep isn't affiliated with Valve in any way. Making a donation on Steamrep has nothing to do with Valve.
  14. Aslan_

Aslan_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14476879
    SilentReaper(SR) Thank you for your reply. I now understand the situation better and it looks like you're working to improve the free service Steam Rep provides. I will consider donating when I have the funds.
  15. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
  16. MARJINAL

MARJINAL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:106106938
    I am a beginner getting banned .. ..and I do not know what wrong I ..but in a statement posted ..just because steamrep services + rep to add items only. I do not know if + rep is not allowed ... I beg to restore sepertisemula and I will not repeat .... if possible it has become a rule at least return the goods I bet ...

thank you
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't look at profile rep, for its worthless. And you're not banned here.
  18. T i t o

T i t o Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41243632
    I can't donate, ty SR
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  20. T i t o

T i t o Banned on SteamRep

Steam: