1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Message to SteamRep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by man123, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I find myself disillusioned with the site as I think it gives too much benefit of the doubt to the scammer. I recently filed what I believe a compelling case against what I know is a damn scammer and it got rejected because the admin said it was hearsay. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197963707895-jcriz108.6917/#post-34661 And yet, I see no rebuttal to the questions I bring up in the case. Yes, there are screenshots provided in there but i didn't think to take a trade window. Please do read my link first if you're gonna critique me for not providing that. I know I f'ed up on that portion but I still think there is more than a preponderance of evidence against this guy. SImply stating that streamrep doesn't accept hearsay I mean is to deny the common sense answer to this.

Think of it this way, after reading this would YOU want to do a money trade with him? DO you think others should trust him or even be allowed to trade with him? *sigh* I just so strongly feel that the abstract principle is being held up over the complexity of the situation. If this happened to you and you had the power to ban, would you?

After I see some feedback on this I dont think you will see much of me on the forum anymore. Anyways, best wishes and to those of you that try to take everything into consideration, thank you. Bye.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

@ a tasty serving of:
    We rather not start marking for insufficient evidence, for that leads directly to appeals that would get granted for that reason alone. If you cannot round up the evidence or provide it after us asking for specifics, how are we supposed to judge on "hearsay".

Yes, that may be cold, but its the only way to keep impartial, for if we start accepting reports on hearsay, then a lot of ppl will report by this, and a bunch of those will be out of spite on other reasons then scamming. We simply cannot sustain or support such.
  3. man123

man123 Banned

Wow, forgot about this lol. I only made it to see everyone's reaction and get a laugh at how stupid everyone is. Anyways this "proof" you have shown me, isn't really proof... How am i supposed to know its og in the Steam Support picture? How am i supposed to know that "unacceptable" person is og? That's not proof that that guy is og. Also that "hijacked" 66 account was created in 2004 if i remember correctly, not 2002, I had that account added on my friends list I saw. Also please tell me how that legit-proof link is actually proof. How did they get the info that og was account 2? I'm not going to be unfair and call someone a scammer without proof, unlike SteamRep. And people say the spreadsheet is corrupt? Oh lord. This is why we can't have nice things people!
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

lol, thnx for making a fool out of yourself once again. You just proved to all the rest that you cant even follow any reasoning.

I'm locking the topic and banning your account.

So true.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.