1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Middleman Service

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Shadow 2, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Shadow 2

Shadow 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45743657
    Hello Everyone,

First off, my real name is Daniel, but I`m known as Shadow. I would like to apply for a Middleman position at SteamRep. I’ve been officially trading for 1 and half months. I have over 65 reps, but over 110 in trading in general. I have traded with keys, “giftable” games and PayPal with no problems. I was supposed to have more rep, but some traders decided not too and I felt a little disappointed, but I knew those ones would not be a huge deal to my trading hobby. In Steam Trading History, I have 124 as of today, and I am getting more reps each and every day. I believe I can be a middleman because I spend most of my free time just talking with friends, trading and just playing games on Steam. I am usually available between 6:00 PM – 4:00 AM. I have done some “middle manning” before because some friends requested me as I am trusted. Being a MiddleMan is something I really want to do and I can guarantee you guys that I can do the job.

Thanks,
    Shadow
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    I just provided this response to another middleman application and it's appropriate to you, too:

Your heart is in the right place, and that's awesome. Yet, middlemen have typically been trading for many many months and have many pages of true reputation behind them. You're going the right direction in terms of building some rep, but your reputation isn't yet anywhere near where it needs to be to qualify as a trusted middleman.

Definitely use a location like SourceOp for tracking rep-- it's very rare that we give much credit to reputation posted on people's profiles (because the user can edit it themselves to make them look rosy, by deleting negative rep).

Also note that normal trading rep is not usually useful-- middlemen are used for PayPal transactions typically and so a long-standing and deep cash-related reputation is usually what we'd be looking for.

I wish you the best of luck and thanks for reaching out to us.
    -Mattie
  3. Shadow 2

Shadow 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45743657
    i understand ,thx for the chance,when i have more rep and experience i will try again ....