1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

PayPal Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by tareyza, May 23, 2012.

1. tareyza

tareyza New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37693549
    Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to using the steamrep+ forums, so here is goes.
    I'm new to paypal trading, and I need some advice regarding chargebacks.

If person A trades paypal money to person B, who then trades this money to person C, and then person A chargebacks, who gets the chargeback?
    I want to know this both from the perspective of persons B and C, since I trade the money to someone else, or get the money from a middleman.

And also.... what is the lowest rep trader you would trade 60-100$ with? 150$?

Thanks everyone!
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Just ignore person C for a moment..doesn't matter. Person A can set a chargeback from the money sent to Person B no matter if CDEFGHIJK or whoever is on the other end of B. I hope you follow that ok cause I don't feel like typing out the rest of the alphabet.

Even the "highest" rep trader can cause a problem - case in point a girl with a ton of positive rep ripped off a bunch of people for nearly $30,000 recently. So use your own judgement on who you wish to trade with when it comes to funds.
  3. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    A bit off topic but wouldnt paypal get more serious about this when someone does a $30000 chargeback? Thats a lot. I would imagine that paypal would stop the reversals once they hit such a high number and wonder if in fact there is fraud involved or not.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    There is a good bit more information regarding this instance but yeah its off topic so feel free to search around.

edit: here http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198044947296-l4l-left-4-life.4189/
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As paypal isn't a bank, they have no "power" to block chargeback by a CC company. They will reverse payments then, no matter the amount.

The European "MyBank" initiative is a nice future for it tho, for that will handle electronic instant banking between countries (in europe tho). will be taking some years before its fully running for the banks have different problems to deal with atm. But maybe in 10 years there is a worldwide alternative to it.
  6. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I have a dispute that is currently running with paypal where I won the paypal dospute and when they did the chargeback with the bank paypal is now 3 months in and still negotiating with the persons bank. still waiting to see how this turns out. If paypal actually wins the case I will be quite excited to know that paypal is taking steps for better handling digital non-tangible goods sales.
  7. tareyza

tareyza New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37693549
    also, i am just wondering, i was reading the chargeback policy on paypal, and it said the only chargebacks are on credit cards. is this actually true? or can you chargeback with bank accounts too? and...... how do you know if the money came from a bank or CC?

here's the paypal article on it: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/m...t&content_ID=security/chargeback_guide&bn_r=o

oh, and thanks for the answers everyone!
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ask Paypal... they will be able to tell you exactly how it works.
  9. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

Chargebacks are done by credit cards. Disputes can be done from any monetary source, I believe.