1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Q&A with Valve's Steam Support - Ask your questions here!

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by HelenAngel, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor Puddinghead

Chancellor Puddinghead Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3447005
    My question:

Has there been any security issues with the Steam Support website and if so, has the issue or issues been resolved?
  2. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35807771
    I want to point out that's a useless question since;
    If they actually have a active security breach,they would never talk about it or give any info to outside for the safety.

If they resolved a security breach,they also wouldnt talk about it unless absolutely required to keep customers assured to trust them.They can't be all like "Hey,you guys trust us with your credit card info,personal info and everything but we have security breaches all the time,they probably didnt steal anything though,dont worry!"
  3. Chancellor Puddinghead

Chancellor Puddinghead Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3447005
    I figured as much. I don't expect them to divulge that kind of information, but I had to ask for personal reasons.
  4. josgba2002

josgba2002 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17541967
    Hello. Many of my questions are already posted by other user, except this one: Why I can't purchase any pack (2-pack, 3-pack or 4-pack) as a gift? I have saw several of them in some inventories.
  5. Shinichi Kudo

Shinichi Kudo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52818516
    A months ago, someone scammed me off my beloved Knifestorm Charmers Chapeau.
    He used a scammer middleman to carry out the trade. Money was not involved.

Now, there was no way I could have prevented it, so don't you think that I should get my hat back?

I sent a ticket but it was treated as if it was a quickswitch/scam with money.
    I lost over $400 from this.

Isn't it fair that I should get my hat back?
  6. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    So why was there the middleman in the first place?
    Dronefly likes this.
  7. gas mask fetish

gas mask fetish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31378893
    Hello, thanks a lot for such an opportunity.

My question is why my account was trade banned for "game trading to different-priced regions" in December 2012 even though I had been doing this at least since April 2012 and wasn't hiding my activities from Support. I never received a warning about not trading games, so the December ban came a bit unexpectedly. I traded quite a lot of games for TF2 items, always holding my end of the bargain up. As of now, being banned feels very unfair, especially with no warning whatsoever and no corresponding paragraph of the SSA. I would be very grateful if this could be cleared up.
  8. Dr. House

Dr. House New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29841309
    1. Will Steam ever provide more advanced stats for gameplay for the account in general? such as total playtime per day, or a graph with the hours played everyday. or... something?

2. Will you ever make a Authentication system with permisions à-la-facebook for Steam so we can give specific webs specific information and not just all-to-all or nothing-to-all we have now?
  9. Łørd Šãńdvīčh

Łørd Šãńdvīčh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27168541
    I agree with many of the other people who were scammed. Why can't we have our items back? I traded my planets raincatcher a while ago to somebody who said they would give me $100 for it (It's price dropped since then). I gave them the hat and they quickly blocked me. The only reason I traded was because they impersonated a trusted SR trader (Kobra) with a good rep. Its only fair that we get these back, trading means a lot to me, and losing years of hard work is rather frustrating. Especially when steam support says it was pretty much my fault for making the trade. Isn't there something you can do to help us?
  10. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    First off thank you both Helen and DerrickG for this opportunity!:)

My question:

Recently a vintage big kill was randomly deleted when being traded, and my friend lost a regular big kill the same way about a year ago. Does support know of any glitch that causes this, and (although support redeemed their items) is there any way players can stop or mitigate the occurrence of this happening?

Again thank you so much for this!!!
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    You could have prevented it by ensuring the MM was legit. Using an MM is no different to opening a trade and pressing "accept". Ultimately YOU are responsible for the trade and not Valve.

Fair? Life isn't fair, and sadly scumbag scamming bastards exist. This does change the fact that Valve has no duty to oversee the choices we make, and their TOS is clear about such things. Valve has an onus to correct issues pertaining to those areas where it has a duty of care (software issues that allow phish exploits, weaknesses in security or indeed those times when Valve itself is duped by people tricking them via ticket system), but if we get hoodwinked by some fast talking scammer, we only have ourselves to blame.
  12. Santa458

Santa458 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41645839
    How much money has Gabe Newell gotten in all from Team Fortress 2?
  13. Santa458

Santa458 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41645839
    How does Gabe Newell feel about everyone in all of Team Fortress 2 calling him gaben?
  14. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    Some good questions in here can't wait for the responses.
  15. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Forgot to close the thread but is closed now. Will be sending the email soon so we can get back the responses! :)
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

tsssk

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.