1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about Steam admin

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sir Wins-a-lot, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Sir Wins-a-lot

Sir Wins-a-lot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:121539800
    Yesterday I was playing on my main account (this one is my alt) called Dr. NOOOOOOOO, and one of my friends told me I have a pending trade ban on report and to get it removed by a steam admin. He linked me to a guy called "Mr.Dylan Logan" and I just wanted to ask if this guy is an official administrator or a scammer.
  2. Xxmarijnw

Xxmarijnw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109824459
    I don't even have to check. This is a scammer.
  3. Sir Wins-a-lot

Sir Wins-a-lot New User

Steam:
    f✿✿✿ I GAVE HIM MY ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS
  4. Sir Wins-a-lot

Sir Wins-a-lot New User

Steam:
    HELP HELP
  5. [M&C] TheBluekr

[M&C] TheBluekr SteamRep Moderator Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63807812
    Best you can do is immediately change your password as precaution. If this password is also used at other sites change those too so they can't be hijacked.
    Your Steam should be in theory safe if you got Steam guard activated but doesn't give a reason to not follow the steps above.
    As about advice, never, ever give your credentials to another person, even if they ask it.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    1. Change your password immediately.
    2. Change your email password, if it's similar (or identical) to your Steam password. Same for anything else that may have the same password.
    3. Repeat steps 1-2 for anything else you may have given the scammer a password for.
    4. Look for an email about changes to your Steam account. It should have a link that locks your account without you having to log in. Use that if you find you're unable to sign in.
    5. If anyone asks you to trade using some website, don't do it. The most common scam related to phishing involves cancelling a trade offer you send and re-sending to a fake bot.
    Moving forward, nobody legitimate will ever ask you for your password. Not in Steam chat, not anywhere else.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.