1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about using other people's Paypal accounts

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by cleverpun, Jun 2, 2013.

1. cleverpun

cleverpun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41821990
    Howdy.

My friend wants me to sell some items for him over Paypal. I was wondering if there was any particular policy on using other people's paypal accounts for tf2 item trades.

I must stress that I know them in real life and have for some time. They have their own bank account and their PP is connected to it. They are the only person who uses their PP, to the best of my knowledge. I personally do not have a PP or a bank account so I figured I should ask before actually attempting any trades.

Any advice or notes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice.

CP
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

act as intermediary, not as user of the Paypal account. Its pretty illegal to use somebody elses financial system.

Trade the items to you so you can offer 'm on places (OP or w/e), and set in the text that you are intermediating, and will let the trade happen with the real owner.
    When there is a agreement, you then will involve your friend, and be participating as reciever for the money. This might require use of a MM, for ppl may not trust your friend. A MM will set it up then and be able to verify whats going on.
  3. cleverpun

cleverpun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41821990
    Well, the problem is they're almost never online, which is why they wanted me to broker the stuff in the first place. Guess I'll have a chat with them and let them know what's going on before I choose a course of action.

Thanks very much for the advice.