1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

[QUESTION] Do you need to get scammed?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Andropctech_YT, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Andropctech_YT

Andropctech_YT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:217592067
    Hello I am new to this forum and I was wondering if you need to get scammed to post a "Scam report" here or does obvious potential scams count as well? like a person was trying to scam you but you dodged it and it's a provable scam.Can you report it or do they not count?

Thanks and waiting for your answers :)
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well there is a fine line with that - Certainly don't want to report someone assuming they will scam you. For Example not making a report if you think someone won't pay you for a trade or because they don't wish to "go first". If you are arguing back and forth about going first and report the user for suspected scam you just put a perm report searchable here saying that when you have no idea if they would or wouldn't follow their end of the deal..the other user could do the same about you and be absolutely wrong or right however you wish to look at it.
    To some what they think is obvious isn't enough or can be too much assuming involved.
    Making a report here is serious....very serious. Wish more users took it seriously than just throwing reports at the wind for the sake of making one.
    So make a wise choice of creating a report if you do and be prepared to back it up and follow up to any and all questions staff here ask not just submit and disappear.
  3. Andropctech_YT

Andropctech_YT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:217592067
    oh ok I got it .. Thanks for your time. I am new here but would like helping cleaning the steam community. I'll sumbit the report :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.