1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Questions

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [AnB] Ferox, Jul 15, 2012.

1. [AnB] Ferox

[AnB] Ferox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38032807
    I have noticed that some middlemen scammers are in fact just alts via evidence in provided chat logs. Where do you report scammer alts? And is it necessary if the alt is also already tagged as a scammer but not as an alt?

Additionally, where do we report rising trends among scammers? I.e. profiles, etc.

For example, I've noticed many middlemen scammers have the following on their steam profile:

If my "Join Date" isn't xxxxxx - IT ISN'T ME!!!!!

If I don't have over xxx.xx hours in TF2 - IT ISN'T ME!!!!

Today I have several impersonators....Check everything on my profile!

I don't have comments on my profile, I don't like when people write on my SteamWall...

My ID is xxxxxx....I'll never change it!

I'll never add strangers...So....DO NOT ADD ME :)

My profile will never be private, I got only private backpack.
  2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Report alts in the "Report a Scammer" section. If they are tagged, you might as well provide the evidence they are alts, as it will help the community and help SR track other alts and deal with appeals.

And the reason you see the trend of:
    is because many Middlemen have that in their profile. As it helps people tell if it's them. The impersonators are merely copying the profile to impersonate fully.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    They often just copy it completely as is, without even changing it to their information.... (join date, play hours, etc)

"my profile will never be private" makes me lol every time.... why? for you cannot read that when its private....