1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rather silly steamrep question

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Akumati, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Akumati

Akumati New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43052176
    So what happens to the guy when he is marked a scammer in steamrep? I reported someone, and he is comfirmed as a SR scammer, but what does it do? Is he banned for anything, or is he still roaming around scamming? (He has multiple reports)
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    SR plugin is used on many hundreds of server (most of the good ones), he will be unable to join the vast majority of them.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    When they get marked as a scammer they can no longer use Tf2outpost, nor can they use many other trading websites.

Also, a lot of servers run an SR plugin which automatically ban marked scammers upon entry into the server. If they don't do that they at least change their name so "[scammer]" is in there steam name.

It strongly hinders who will trade with you as well, people don't want to be seen trading with scammers because it could hurt their reputation. Look at me for example. I have a yellow caution because I traded with a scammer.
  4. Akumati

Akumati New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43052176
    Thanks guys, and Thanks VenGanZa for helping me get the person marked as a scammer~