1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

really suspicious people?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [G²] Scatman, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    Should I make a report about this guy: http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198072834899

He added me about a knife, and after some basic research into his steamrep, I found he has 16 banned friends, many of which are banned for impersonation. He asked about one of my friends middlemanning, and I basically began to play with him from there. You can read the chat, but theres a couple non-banned guys on his list that have impersonated middleman/admins.

I'm more than happy to make a report, but it's not really scamming, its just EXTREMELY suspicious.

Attached Files:

• LOL.PNG
      LOL.PNG
      File size:
      325.2 KB
      Views:
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    He offers to use your middleman. Unless you bring in your middleman and he tries to inject a fake middleman, you can't really report him for anything. You can't just tag someone as a scammer because they have 16 banned friends.

However, it appears he already tried a fake middleman scam, so it never hurts to report him, anyway. Even if the report doesn't get accepted it's something admins can take into account when he appeals his scammer tag (when he does get one).
  3. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    The other thing was one of his friends, before SR's friend list updated, was named as dota2trade admin, which i why I brought it up. Using the historical data, you can see the proof.
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.