1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561197992038577 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by ¤ĢS¤ MentalMidgets, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ¤ĢS¤ MentalMidgets

¤ĢS¤ MentalMidgets New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16365687
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197992038577

Victim profile: 76561197992997102

What happened? Description:
    I recieved a message on csgolounge to trade my two knives (MW Karambit Doppler & MW Flip Doppler) for a statrack M9 Crimson web. I added KEVINSEN in order to discuss the trade, as seen in the screenshots. He then instructed me to send a trade offer for the knife and he would look it over, which i then preceded to do, also seen in the screenshots. he then countered my offer also adding a few of my other weapons. I told him many of them were not for trade, and it was not until I went to remove them from the trade that I realized he tried to do a fast switch scam on me by switching the statrack m9 crimson web for a non statrack one! I then messaged him saying I noticed his attempt to scam me and would be reporting it. Out of fear I guess, he then accused me as the one trying to scam him!? He then changed his name to " sogew " after I blocked him. As the screenshots show, this is not the case. I hope this player receives a trade ban so no one else may fall pray to his scam, as all the signs on his account made me believe he was a trusted trader. If any other information is needed feel free to add me to get in contact with me, thank you so much for keeping this community safe :)
    -MentalMidgets​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 381634
    The accused Profile ^ (He blocked me so i cant view it directly through steam)

View attachment 381635
    The first part of our chat were we discussed the trade and i noticed the quick switch scam ^

View attachment 381636
    The second part of our chat where he then accused me of trying to scam him and he blocked me ^

View attachment 381638
    The first trade offer I sent him for the Statrack M9 Crimson Web (he then countered it)^

View attachment 381637
    second screenshot of the first trade offer again to show the knife was statrack version^

View attachment 381639
    The second trade offer (the counteroffer he sent me) ^

View attachment 381640 Another screenshot of the counteroffer he sent me to show the quick switch to a non statrack version of the knife ^

View attachment 381641 Screenshot of the first offer i received in csgolounge before i added him to trade, not sure if this was needed ^​

Attached Files:

2. ¤ĢS¤ MentalMidgets

¤ĢS¤ MentalMidgets New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16365687
    sorry, i dont know why the screenshots posted multiple times and the links wont open to them. you have to click on the screenshots at the bottom to view them. sorry for the inconvenience!