1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198010536567 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by -shaoliN-, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ☣Solaire☣

☣Solaire☣ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87098464
    A scam report is issued not only for when a scam took place, it is also for scam attempts.
  2. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25135419
    Alright thats fine but there was clearly no scam attempt here and i clearly had the funds cuz they're sittin' in my wallet now and more than happy to complete his trade so....... now what do i do??
  3. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    I just want to know when this will fall off.
    I follow steamreps like a disciple.
    I submit reports with verifiable proof.
    I offer proof when I'm accused.
    That proof was declined by the accuser and they have since failed to attempt to resolve this issue with me. I am STILL attempting to resolve this issue for them.

Why am I being punished for something that 1) wasn't a verified scam attempt and 2) i've been giving more than enough due diligence to resolve this matter with the "offended" party....??????
    they never even submitted their report properly in the first place!
  4. ☣Solaire☣

☣Solaire☣ New User

Steam:
    It will be up to a moderator / admin to review his evidence if it is enough to prove that you did attempt to scam.
  5. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36412073
    I did. I provided all the proof I could, while you blocked every attempt from my side to sort this out.. You have not posted any evidence that could prove me wrong, even thought I asked for it multiple time.

I dont know why the mods dont bother looking at this report, it will be better for both parties.
  6. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    thats the thing. Nobody is reviewing this, i did offer to send you the pics of my receipts and i'm still offering to work it out. i'd have to go find the pics if you still want them but i do have them. You say you asked for evidence i (not saying you didn't) dont see where you asked for it maybe i was reading it too quickly. i'm so done being pissy over this whole thing dude. i'm not a scammer, i'm a good trader i overpay almost all the time and if you wanna work it out then lets get this bs thrown aside and talk like men
  7. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    Okay

So after LONG discussions and LOAAAADS of false accusations, the accused actually DID provide evidence that proves that he indeed DID own the SteamWallet Codes and had no intention of scamming me.

Please SteamRep Mods, you can close this thread

I apologize for the inconvenience I have caused for both the accused and the Mods who did the invesigation (if there was any)
  8. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    The report in question has been resolved by both parties involved.
    Thank you, -Shaolin- for taking the time to resolve this like gentlemen. Happy Holidays
  9. I am actually suprised that you said this. Because he indeed attempted to scam you by "Steam Wallet Trade Offer" trick.

Why am I saying this?
    Because:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2178-QGJV-0708&l=english#whatoffer
    It is impossible to add Steam Wallet Money to a trade offer because Steam hasn't publish an abilaty like that. But, I am confused now because th victim said that this was a false accusation, so I might be wrong. If I have some mistakes, please feel free to correct them. Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    I offered him 9\10ths of a steam wallet code that he would have used to apply to his account and the last char of the code would have been released to him once i had been paid for my items. I showed him they where real codes and we've sorted it out - and shook hands like gentlemen do.
  11. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude, and there's no way to say this that doesn't sound rude but how does this involve you? Also, Please take the time to read the entire threat, and look at the screenshots before making statements like "Because he indeed attempted to scam you by "Steam Wallet Trade Offer" trick."

That trick would be in reference to the scam report i submitted against someone this morning where they make it look like a fake sales receipt and you'd get the finds upon accepting the trade. This was NOT one of those offers, the trader was advised in the offer that they'd have to contact me and obtain the final character of the code before it'd even work for them.
    I purchased these codes from offgamers.com and i have absolutely no problem showing my purchse history from the site, to an admin.
  12. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    I am familiar with the SteamWallet scam, and I thought this was the method he was trying to use on me (kind of).

But, as stated, he could prove that he had valid codes that he would have sent me. I decided to drop this case, because I firmly believe that this was just a misunderstanding from my side.

But thank you for pointing that out :)
    The Doctor 11 likes this.
  13. I have read all the comments an saw all the pictures before writing this comment. Also Doctor, even if you're trying not to be rude, you have acted rude by writing that comment on my profile. Anyways, it's good to see you two shaked your hands. I'll nomore post since this is between you two.
  14. Robydeath

Robydeath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42743074
    For fake steam wallet code you get ban.
  15. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    Roby... Seriously? please scroll up like.. 5 posts.
  16. The Doctor 11

The Doctor 11 New User

Steam:
    This kid......
  17. Robydeath

Robydeath New User

Steam:
    You can still get ban for fake steam wallet.And why did you change your name?
  18. ☣Solaire☣

☣Solaire☣ New User

Steam:
    Dude, the codes he gave weren't fake. -shaoliN- already confirmed it.....
    The Doctor 11 likes this.
  19. Robydeath

Robydeath New User

Steam:
  20. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Having looked over this report and the provided evidence, I am marking this invalid. The screenshots provided indicate a promise by the accused to provide complete "codes" by some unspecified medium. In order to mark someone as a scammer, we would need proof of a breach of trade agreement. In this particular case, no trade was accepted and we can only speculate what would've happened if the victim accepted the trade. Speculation is not proof.

Because the trade offer promises further follow-up on the accused's part (albeit without saying how), this is quite distinct from the usual Steam Wallet scam where we apply tags just for attempting. In Steam Wallet fraud, the scammer attempts to misrepresent the trade, leading victims to believe they will "automatically" receive Steam Wallet funds. This is not possible by any means in the Steam trading infrastructure, so the intention is clearly and undeniably fraud whether successful or not. The promise of funds is effectively in itself a trade agreement, which because transfer of funds is impossible despite the scammer's convincing message, we can undeniably determine the accused had no intention of fulfilling their own end of the agreement.

Additionally, even if the accused had accepted the trade offer and received invalid/no codes in return, this report would be invalid because of SteamRep's investigative policy regarding keys/codes. CD keys are extremely difficult to track or prove who activated them, or whether they were valid to begin with, so with rare exceptions these cases cannot meet the burden of proof. The same rule applies to gift codes, activation keys, Humble Bundle gifts, etc. for the same reason. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/ Because of this, the Steam Subscriber Agreement, and a handful of other reasons, we recommend you not trade CD keys. I can't say whether the accused would have given the promised codes, but I can say I would have declined without a second thought because dealing with codes like this is asking for trouble.

@☁☁☁dcjj☁☁☁ @☣Solaire☣ and @[TNC:A] The_Ultimate_Kaan @-shaoliN- Please read the above so you understand why this report is invalid.