1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198024402255 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Idama, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idama

Idama New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:201626396
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198024402255

Victim profile: 76561198363518521

What happened? Description:
    This person scammed my friend and attempted to scam me as well. They are impersonating steam employees in order to steal steam accounts. They messaged my friend from a different account on discord pretending to be a random person having "accidentally reported him for illegal purchases" saying he has to contact steam staff member Christen on discord to explain the situation. They sent both their steam and discord as ways to contact them. When he contacted Christen on discord, the first thing they asked him to do was to send a screenshot of his purchase history and log out of his steam account to prove he was not involved with illegal purchases and so Christen could remove the pending ban. My friend did not know that this is a common way to scam steam users and did as Christen said. He then lost access to his account and Christen proceeded to come with requests like sending them screenshots of his bank account purchase history and to buy a 100$ steam gift card and sending them the key to further prove the card my friend was using is his so Christen could remove the ban. This is what gave them away as a scammer. Soon after my friend got emails saying the email linked to his steam account has been changed and phone number removed. He no longer has access to his account and cannot change the password. Soon after this, all his steam friends, including me, got messages from his stolen account attempting to scam us in the same way, by saying he accidentally reported us and that we will get permanently banned from steam if we do not explain the situation to the steam staff member he spoke to.​

Provide Evidence:
    These are the messages I got from my firends stolen account
    View attachment 769751 View attachment 769752 View attachment 769753
    I was on mobile and the pictures showed up as links.
    View attachment 769754
    He did not reply to me after this.

This is now what my friend's account looks like after he got View attachment 769751 View attachment 769752 View attachment 769753 View attachment 769754 View attachment 769755 scammed yesterday on the 17th of October 2020
    View attachment 769755

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Besides that - you seem to be reporting the wrong user and we don't take reports for Discord users.
    This is rather common they reference a real valve employee on steam using discord or facebook or something when none of those people will EVER NEVER contact you like that or on steam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.